Win MCE with SP2

though i've posted a more or less (not same topic) da sm b4 but it ws in vain... as i got no replyz!

i ve got a win mcr v2002 with sp1+.

i instald it! it was fine adn did work.

Nw---->

i) i intregated sp2 in it

ii)burned it

iii) and with dat cd started installin Win MCE SP2 (DA 1 i created.!)

Nw the problem is....--->

on the 'Installing Windows' time (aftr givin the admin pswd and givin nm and org nm)... when the time Left was 29 mins, the

installer askd me for "Windows XP Professional CD2",But as i wasnt havin it, so i browsed... it took me strt to da

'\cmpnents\mediactr\i386' folder. It was searchin for "mcdftreg.inf", the type of files was "mcdftreg.inf,mcdftreg.in_"(if

i'm not mistaken). But the Mediactr.cab was there but it wasnt able 2 c it due 2 the type of file.!

That time no icons were seen while browsin.

So i cancelled it and kept on installin!

Aftr instalation, the boot tag remained as that of Xp pro, and the media centr didnt evn got instld!!!

So nw the hELP I NEED IS THAT.....

I) HW CAN I OVRCOME THIS PROBLEM????

II) HW CAN I CREATE THE 1ND CD??? (I REALLY WANNA CREATE THE 2ND CD AND PUT PLUS AND WM10 THERE)!!!

III)WAT ALL CODIN WORK I HAV 2 DO????

IV) FINALLY WAT ALL IS THERE IN THE 2ND CD AND 1ST CD OF MCE???... I MEAN THE DIFF BTWN XP PRO SP2 AND MCE 1ST CD???

Please Do help Me Out!!!!

Tx.

when u slipstream mce2002 with win xp xp2 u get MCE 2005

wmp 10 comes only with mce 2005 so in order to include wmp10 searche the forum or unattened site :D

now Windows xP Professional CD2 is the 2nd cd of MCE its only a name dont worry about it .

"mcdftreg.inf" is in the medctr.cab file of cmpnents\i386 folder of MCE CD2

if u not insert CD2 it willnot install "Media Center" so u get Win XP SP2 Professional

i'm not havin the cd2 as i said (i'm havin mce2002) so wat can i do at thet moment??? hw can i create the cd2?

pls helm devil!

ok... watz the diff bwn the cmpnents folder of v2002 and the version which the comp wants( diff btwn 2002 and2005) ???

• 1 month later...

I am sorry WHEN U SLPSTREAM SP2 over MCE 2002 u get MCE 2004

::::

to overcome that extract the SP2 to some folder ((thepacked file wiibe around 266MB and after extraction the folder will be around 350MB)

goto \I386\update\ip \cmpnents !! i think so !!!

or get the cmpnents dirctory from the extracted sp2 folder thAT U HAV GO BY SEARCHING copy to the root of u r cd

i think it will contain all the files required

NOTE :: the slipstreaming environment too must be MCE in order to get the slipstreaming MCE to work correctly ((ie u must perform slipstreaming mce 2002 in an mce environment to get mce 2004))

then only copy the cmpnets folder to the root of cd

install with MCE cd key

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed he's trying to slipstream sp2 into a folder that has sp1

already integrated into, don't shoot me but i'm pretty sure thats a no no..

It has to be a non service pack installation to slipstream sp2 into..