Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Make Explorer start with My Computer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I've been looking for this for a while and happen to run into it just now somewhere on the net when I wasn't even looking.

By changing your Windows Explorer shortcut to the following, the next time you open Windows Explorer, instead of having My Documents highlighted, My Computer will be.

explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

Posted Image
Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

harunaksoy

harunaksoy

LazXpert

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
Thanks, this is very useful :)

firefoxthebomb

firefoxthebomb

FireFoxTheBomb

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
nice tweak, I always wanted to do that. Posted Image
Posted Image

indianarchie

indianarchie

• PipPip
  • 282 posts
I got explorer to display my D:\ instead :) tht's where i store my data.
Hello! I am a signature,

DjoNiz

DjoNiz
  • 2 posts

By changing your Windows Explorer shortcut to the following, the next time you open Windows Explorer, instead of having My Documents highlighted, My Computer will be.

explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

Nice :D - Useful!

Blub

Blub

Ex-mad scientist

• Pip
  • 59 posts
That's nice info indeed. I completely forgot about these options. I seem to recall even using something like it for Windows 98.

Also, if you hit <WINDOWS KEY>+e you'll get My Computer in Explorer regardless of tweak (in XP at least, not sure other versions).

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,883 posts
He is NOT the original but I can't find it anymore
http://www.theelderg..._in_c_drive.htm

*"My Computer" highlighted in left side with all drives visible but not expanded and C: highlighted in right side: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,c:
*Desktop highlighted and nothing expanded: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/n,/select,/root,c:
*All drives visible and the system drive highlighted and expanded in full screen: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select
*All drives visible and the system drive expanded in small screen: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,%systemroot%
*Only Windows Directory visible highlighted and expanded: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,%systemroot%
*All drives visible but only C: highlighted and expanded: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
*Nothing expanded and My Computer highlighted in right side: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e,/select,
*Opens the Windows folder as a folder: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%
*Opens as "My Computer": %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%,
*This opens the Desktop folder with "My Computer" highlighted: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe %systemroot%,/select,
*"Desktop" highlighted in the left side and no drives visible:
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D},/select
*"My Computer" highlighted in left side and all drives visible but none expanded:
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
*"Desktop" in left side highlighted and "My Computer" highlighted in right side and no drives visible:
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,/select,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

And just open to a certain drive
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,J:

Edited by maxXPsoft, 11 May 2006 - 08:54 PM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

DjoNiz

DjoNiz
  • 2 posts
Nice list :)

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Donator

I know this is pretty old but just want to say thank you for this, I don't know why I put up with it opening the Library for so long in Windows 7 when all I ever wanted was to explore computer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN