XPize 4.0 Beta 2 Issue

StealthMonkey

Hey XPero,

If you remember back to a month ago, I posted a problem: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=49186

I installed the latest beta of XPize, and I had the same problem... but to a larger extent.

WMP EXE, Office EXEs, Outlook Express EXE, Wordpad.exe, Adobe Gamma.cpl, and more where all were missing after install/reboot. I had to manually copy the files to each location.

I know you looked into it before and couldn't find anything... but there is definitely something going on here. It is removing the old versions of the files... just not replacing them with the new versions.

I am a programmer myself and am willing to work with you and try different stuff. Let me know. I really would like to see this work.

Do you still have Windows installed in D:? This is weird, or my code variables are useless or your system variables are not well cofigured. I cannot figure out what is happening here, and I really do want to fix that issue. But I can't see anything from where to start fixing.

I have Program Files on D and Windows on C (I know it's weird, but I have my reasons)

Like This:

C:\Documents and Settings

C:\Windows

D:\Program Files

System Variables:

%ProgramFiles% -> D:\Program Files\

%SystemDrive% -> C:\

%SystemRoot% -> C:\Windows\

Here is my OUTLOOK.EXE log file, I doubt it tells you anything though:

[27 Jul 2005, 00:19:28]

[FileNames]
Exe=Backup\OUTLOOK.EXE
SaveAs=NewFiles\OUTLOOK.EXE
Log=Logs\OUTLOOK.EXE.log

[Commands]
-modify "Resources\OUTLOOK.EXE\1.ico", ICONGROUP, 1,
 Modified: ICONGROUP,1,1033

Commands completed

Are you surpressing errors? Like if it tries to copy a file and there is a error, folder doesn't exist or something, do you have it except and display an error or are you trapping everything? Do you keep track of such errors in a log somewhere? Is there anything that I can send you that will help?

You know what? I have this same error. It always deletes my WMP exe file. The first time, I did a complete install. It deleted my WMP exe. Then I later ran setup again to remove the CMD mod and it deleted my WMP again. I had to run the WMP setup file and re-downlod WMP both times.

WMPv10, if that's relivant. :dunno:

Do you have a non-standard setup in any way? Like my Program Files is on D...

There is something going on here. It's weird that it is removing the file without replacing it. If it just never did anything with the file, that would be something different...

Yeah.... I already make custom CD's with nLite... the only thing is that I can't update to new versions of XPize for new icons/bug fixes unless I remake CD and reinstall windows.

I think, unfortunately, I'm going to just use the Royale theme that Microsoft released for XP instead of XPize. :(

EDIT: Fixed

Edited by XPero