Multi Bood Cd/DVD

dahak

Now I understand how the mutliboot cd/dvd work in principle for install windows, but do have a few questions

1) how would they work for doing a repair install of windows, ie during the setup it fine windows and you select "R" for repair?

2) how do they work / would they work for when you need to run the system file checker (sfc /scannow)

The reason why im askings, is because right now we have 5 cds at work when we works on customers machines, home, home sp1, home sp2, pro sp1, pro sp2 and would like to condence this down to 1 or 2 cds, only if they 2 questions above work fine

thanks

RecCons or repair install:

For the sake of simpliciity, make another copy of each OS and then modify winnt.sif to include just your key or delete winnt.sif (The switch UnattendSwitch="yes" is what kills repair and Recons if this copy must be customized, but it's best always to have a vanilla copy of each OS in a multiboot distro.)

SFC:

Run it either from RecCons, or in windows. You need your cd unless you invoke the switch to copy source files to the harddrive through whatever OS's winnt32.exe. Usually sfc is picky and looks for an i386 folder at root of the cd, I'm sure it can be altered but in all honesty I don't use sfc all that much.

thanks for the answers.

RecCons or repair install:

yeah, was not going to plan to add the winnt.sif, so ok at least this will work.

SFC:

Crud. :) that was the biggest reason why I wanted to do this.

May just have to build a cd and try it out to see what happens. Cause I got to thinking that if i did an install or repair install, it would modify there the source path is for windows and then wouldn't be able to use the regular xp cds