my WPI icons 128x128

lol you are saying that this program should be changed using handmade workarounds for something that could be 1 month away?

ONOES! A WORKAROUND THAT TAKES 10-30 SECONDS (depending on how fast you can copy/paste)!!@@#!12111 WUT EVAR SHAL WE DO????

And no, that's not exactly what I said. I presented a very clear if/then statement. IF WPI doesn't properly render the 8-bit PNG alpha-index, THEN the aforementioned workarounds should be implemented. But for the sake of clarity, you can just interpret my answer to your question as a simple "yes."

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

ALRIGHT ENOUGH!!! I am looking into it especially since WPI is used on win95 and up as long as they have intenet explorer 6 or higher! IE 7 as far as I know only supports XP, 2003 and Vista so, YES the hack does need to be used whether or not IE 7 supports transparency!

Edit... Ok I now know that IE7 will support all windows operating systems from 98 and above but the fact still remains alot of users may not upgrade right away or at all so I will be impementing this hack.

I have got the hack working so far will be doing more tests on it...

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

lol you are saying that this program should be changed using handmade workarounds for something that could be 1 month away?

ONOES! A WORKAROUND THAT TAKES 10-30 SECONDS (depending on how fast you can copy/paste)!!@@#!12111 WUT EVAR SHAL WE DO????

And no, that's not exactly what I said. I presented a very clear if/then statement. IF WPI doesn't properly render the 8-bit PNG alpha-index, THEN the aforementioned workarounds should be implemented. But for the sake of clarity, you can just interpret my answer to your question as a simple "yes."

First of all theres no need to give me that attitude. I was polite and replied with coherence, just because i dont agree with you or anyone in here, theres no need to act like a 5 years old got that?

After that being said, its irelevant if WPI supports the PNG indexing or not, its not even the WPI that has to support anything, its the IE core who does all the job, so yes, WPI "supports" PNG transparecy as long as it runs in a IE core that supports it, or coded with some tweaks.

Just a though, i know that tweaks are around for a very long time, but strangely enough i dont see many sites using such features, even the ones that are specifically for gfx and such, makes you wonder why.

And about your "estimate" about the time that takes to implement such feature, ill just take you are not a experienced person with coding and leave it the way you put it.

you can start the flaming again now

@kelsenellenelvian

I just think that you should look at the future and put some more stability in the program or add features, instead of looking for the users of win9x and all. If you continue to support legacy os you will become somehow restrained to other things...even ms does that.

WPI 5.0 (very near to release) Is the biggest release ever WPI Has been nearly completly re-written and has more new features than you could ever think of... This little hack in now way hampers the growth of WPI and is easily removed when IE7 becomes more mainstream.

Kels, if you need help with WPI v5, I'd be happy to lend a hand. HTML is my specialty. I did see a lot of bloat in v4. I could "trim the fat," so to speak. I think that might be able to fix some of laggy problems (like the timeout before the tooltip displays when you hover a link, or the timeout before the images in the menu change).

I went through WPI v3 way back in the day and made a lot of these modifications. I hardly looked at v4 ... I just took out a bunch of code that was unneeded (for me), fixed a few of the broken tables, removed some redundancies, and had it write an ini for SimpleAI (as opposed to KTools).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...