Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

my WPI icons 128x128

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

billjrm

billjrm

• 23 posts
  • Joined 08-February 04
thanks all :thumbup

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

emergent

emergent

• 13 posts
  • Joined 04-October 05
How does one use these Icons with WPI??? These are awesome icons but I have no clue on how I can use them with WPI!

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,802 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
Read the manual...

emergent

emergent

• 13 posts
  • Joined 04-October 05
@ kelsenellenelvian

I did read the manual it said nothing about ICONS. i assume you are refering to the "adding cosmetics" section of the manual, am I wrong? If so please correct me. If I'm right, then does the text show up over the background icon or to the right of it?

Please explain!!

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,802 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
The section in the manual states:

Add a pic and text in the description box

For the text and description just enter all of the text you wish to be shown in the description box.

For the desired picture place the desired image into the graphics folder at the root of WPI and simply add the file name

(Like this = blah.jpg). Many pre-set image sizes for both the height and width are pre programmed in to the configuration section for your use. Also you can choose where the text is to be displayed with the image i.e. To the left, right, top or bottom.

It is in the advanced options section...

emergent

emergent

• 13 posts
  • Joined 04-October 05
thats what I thought I just wanted to be sure

Thanks Kel

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 18-September 04
I just integrated Paint.Net into my UA-DVD, but I can not find an 128*128 png file for my graphics folder. Anyone who has a pic for me?

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,802 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
For the folder or the popup tooltip?

Edited by kelsenellenelvian, 13 April 2006 - 08:13 PM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,802 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
1,194 png images for you to use in your tooltips section!

www.wpiw.net/downloads/PNG_Collection.rar

Size - 38.7 megs MD5Hash = 692540208A5EAB995E2E12CBFBA880D8

Edited by kelsenellenelvian, 13 April 2006 - 10:51 PM.

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 18-September 04

For the folder or the popup tooltip?

For the tooltip. Thank you kelsenellenelvian!

glent

glent

Tpyo Spceialist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Joined 16-August 04
awesome pack kel thanks man!

Dumpy Dooby

Dumpy Dooby

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05
Hey Kels, have you implemented the PNG alpha-indexing hack? AFAIK .hta files require the IE core to run.

Also, I like to use the screenshots from Softpedia. I find that those tend to be the most useful. And if Softpedia doesn't have a screenshot, then I make one similar.

Oh, and I'm not talking about the large screenshots. I mean the little mini one (like a 250x250 image or something) that's a cropped screenshot.

IceBlackIce> ill just take you are not a experienced person with coding [source]
^lol

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,802 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
PNG alpha-indexing hack? <-- Sorry to sound stoopid but WTF is this?

Dumpy Dooby

Dumpy Dooby

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05
Internet Explorer supports single-bit alpha indexing (transparency levels) in PNGs. However, PNGs offer a 24-bit color index, and a 8-bit alpha index. Consequently, 8-bit alpha indexes aren't rendered in Internet Explorer. Go ahead and view this thread in IE and I'll demonstrate an example.

In the following link, I present a single-bit alpha indexed PNG: http://labs.gooffens...on=viewnfo&id=3

Here's an 8-bit alpha indexed PNG:
Posted Image
(note the blue background of the PNG. That's IE that renders it like that. The background of that PNG is actually transparent. You can view that same PNG in Firefox, Opera, etc., and it will have a transparent background.)

I use the PNG hack on my site, the 8-bit PNGs don't have that blue background. I haven't tested the PNGs in WPI, so I can't say for sure. I just wanted to bring this to your attention. :)

There's a few solutions for the PNG issue in Internet Explorer.

This site explains it significantly better than me.
http://homepage.ntlw...osola/index.htm

The method I use is slightly different, however:
http://webfx.eae.net...ngbehavior.html
But that uses CSS's "behavior" which isn't W3C compliant, so I use a browser detection script before passing bahavior, thus my page is W3C compliant, and will only display in Internet Explorer

Here's another one that's similar to the above:
http://youngpup.net/2001/sleight

And here's one that only uses CSS:
http://www.daltonlp....e=1&item_id=217
This one is handy if the viewer doesn't have javascript enabled, but it's irrelivent to you because WPI requires that javascript be enabled. I just figured I'd post it as a referrence.

Edited by Dumpy Dooby, 16 April 2006 - 04:00 PM.

IceBlackIce> ill just take you are not a experienced person with coding [source]
^lol

Dumpy Dooby

Dumpy Dooby

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05
I just came accross this:
http://www.rad-e8.com/downloads/

Lots of great icons in those packs.

^lol

glent

glent

Tpyo Spceialist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Joined 16-August 04
nice link man thnx

IceBlackIce

IceBlackIce

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03
whats the use of integrating png hacks and tidbits if ie7 will have native suport and is right outside of door??

Dumpy Dooby

Dumpy Dooby

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05

whats the use of integrating png hacks and tidbits if ie7 will have native suport and is right outside of door??

Because IE6 doesn't have native support for it, and it's already gone through that door.

Edited by Dumpy Dooby, 18 April 2006 - 05:19 PM.

^lol

IceBlackIce

IceBlackIce

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03
lol you are saying that this program should be changed using handmade workarounds for something that could be 1 month away?

glent

glent

Tpyo Spceialist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Joined 16-August 04
will we all be using ie7 ? no.,,, and will it be installed before WPI runs on our discs? no not for all of us

Dumpy Dooby

Dumpy Dooby

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Joined 16-May 05

lol you are saying that this program should be changed using handmade workarounds for something that could be 1 month away?

ONOES! A WORKAROUND THAT TAKES 10-30 SECONDS (depending on how fast you can copy/paste)!!@@#!12111 WUT EVAR SHAL WE DO????

And no, that's not exactly what I said. I presented a very clear if/then statement. IF WPI doesn't properly render the 8-bit PNG alpha-index, THEN the aforementioned workarounds should be implemented. But for the sake of clarity, you can just interpret my answer to your question as a simple "yes."

Edited by Dumpy Dooby, 19 April 2006 - 08:49 PM.

^lol

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,802 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
ALRIGHT ENOUGH!!! I am looking into it especially since WPI is used on win95 and up as long as they have intenet explorer 6 or higher! IE 7 as far as I know only supports XP, 2003 and Vista so, YES the hack does need to be used whether or not IE 7 supports transparency!

Edit... Ok I now know that IE7 will support all windows operating systems from 98 and above but the fact still remains alot of users may not upgrade right away or at all so I will be impementing this hack.

I have got the hack working so far will be doing more tests on it...

Edited by kelsenellenelvian, 20 April 2006 - 03:20 AM.

IceBlackIce

IceBlackIce

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03

ONOES! A WORKAROUND THAT TAKES 10-30 SECONDS (depending on how fast you can copy/paste)!!@@#!12111 WUT EVAR SHAL WE DO????

And no, that's not exactly what I said. I presented a very clear if/then statement. IF WPI doesn't properly render the 8-bit PNG alpha-index, THEN the aforementioned workarounds should be implemented. But for the sake of clarity, you can just interpret my answer to your question as a simple "yes."

First of all theres no need to give me that attitude. I was polite and replied with coherence, just because i dont agree with you or anyone in here, theres no need to act like a 5 years old got that?

After that being said, its irelevant if WPI supports the PNG indexing or not, its not even the WPI that has to support anything, its the IE core who does all the job, so yes, WPI "supports" PNG transparecy as long as it runs in a IE core that supports it, or coded with some tweaks.
Just a though, i know that tweaks are around for a very long time, but strangely enough i dont see many sites using such features, even the ones that are specifically for gfx and such, makes you wonder why.

And about your "estimate" about the time that takes to implement such feature, ill just take you are not a experienced person with coding and leave it the way you put it.

you can start the flaming again now

@kelsenellenelvian

I just think that you should look at the future and put some more stability in the program or add features, instead of looking for the users of win9x and all. If you continue to support legacy os you will become somehow restrained to other things...even ms does that.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,802 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
WPI 5.0 (very near to release) Is the biggest release ever WPI Has been nearly completly re-written and has more new features than you could ever think of... This little hack in now way hampers the growth of WPI and is easily removed when IE7 becomes more mainstream.

LaptoniC

LaptoniC

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 23-September 04
Isn't PNG alpha-index is implemented in WPI?.Because I can use transparant Pngs.I had posted workaround for it and kelsenellenelvian implemented it.Or you guys talking something different?
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN