98 SE SP 2.0.2

Gape

lol... -yeah, my 15 yr old nephew keeps absolutely POLLUTING his system w/sloppy cracks, and guess who gets to spend hours moppin-it-up every week? -Yep, that's rite, his good ol' PSYCOUNCle, that's who... sigh...

>;]

(...that kid could infect an ABACUS, just by walkin by it... :P )

no icon, probably corrupted during download
May be it was corrupted because in my other pc also didn't show any icons. :( I downloaded frm 'majorgreek' one of the servers. :angry:
either that or one of your illegal cracks contains a file corrupting virus

Less chance my pc is infected by virus cause I got few protected layers. B)

Thx for the advise though. :thumbup Will download again.

Phaneendra Rao

Try to spot the dll the error message talk about, and other file you CDTV is using. Copy them to another folder or in a zip file. reinstall sp2.02, re-paste this or these files where they were, replacing the new ones.

Before doing that check the size and versions in the file properties of the old and the new files, for comparison.

corrupted during download

just a thought, but doesn't it normally say "***.exe is not a valid Win32 application" when an .exe file is corrupted ?

Edited by miko

Hi Gape,

Something funny, appeared to be a wrong ver. on sesp202en.. :(  Please see the attached image. Is it caused by a corrupted file? Please advise.

Alternatively you can check md5sum of the file. I wrote it on the my web page, and on the first post of the this topic.

Edited by Gape

Hello.

I have installed sesp202en patch on my Athlon AMD +2500 machine with

Pinnacle PCTV Tuner card. I have faced the following problem and could

find the reason at last. IE6 is installed on my system.

Whenever I start the Pinnacle PCTV, the following error is popping up

"Vision caused and Invalid page fault at module unknown" . I have reinstalled the software several times and also used the drivers update. I get the

"Vision caused and Invalid page fault  in pfc.dll" when recording is started.

The Gallery window has also not opened. After uninstalling the sesp202 patch

the software is working normally. Now I installed sp20rc1 patch and the software

is working normally. Please let me know the reason for this bug and fix for it.

thank u,

I have checked my change log between 2.0 RC1 and 2.0.2, but I didn't see anything that may cause this problem.

Please try Fredledingue's opinion, and let us the result.

I just wanted to say, this is some great stuff Gape. You single-handedly revitalized Windows 98 user community. I think you deserve all the praise possible. Good job. I have recommended your pack to all Windows 98 users I know, and installed it myself on many systems during the past year or so.

I noticed some of the other "contributors" seem like, well, disruptors and malcontents. With their constant complaints that are primarily baseless and ultimately pointless. In fact, from what I have seen, they plague this forum like the devil, and I would have "dealt" with these disruptor types long ago. I guess in that regard you are a better man than me.

Good luck with this project. It's really a miracle.

I noticed some of the other "contributors" seem like, well, disruptors and malcontents. With their constant complaints that are primarily baseless and ultimately pointless. In fact, from what I have seen, they plague this forum like the devil, and I would have "dealt" with these disruptor types long ago. I guess in that regard you are a better man than me.

You'll give us some names, please or better even open a specific thread to discuss more specifically that devilish plague problem with disruptors and how you would deal with it.

By the way, PM Xper if you want to be a moderator.

Edited by eidenk

Wait, what? Who are you referring too? No one's complaining. Frankly, I think Gape has done an outstanding job on the service pack and I don't see why anyone would complain about it. Of course, people have told him about possible bugs or issues with the service pack, but the contributers just want to help make the service pack better. Now, as for people that keep on saying, XP ownz, 98 is DEAD AND BURIED, those are the people that p*** me off constantly.

I have a bug I think ...

Windows 98 SE OEM (French release)

SP Pack 2.0.2 (French too)

Just windows installed (with layout.inf ...)

Install SP2 directly, reboot, and if I upgrade DirectX to 8.1, the setup says it's not for this

version of windows. If I don't install SP2 all works fine ... Anyone has already this problem ? Thanks

Goodbye.

... Gape has done an outstanding job on the service pack and I don't see why anyone would complain about it. Of course, people have told him about possible bugs or issues with the service pack, but the contributers just want to help make the service pack better. Now, as for people that keep on saying, XP ownz, 98 is DEAD AND BURIED, those are the people that p*** me off constantly.

I agree. Win98SE marks the end of the golden age because with WinME and the end of the very useful DOS function things started to go downhill.

Can I remind members that they can show their appreciation of Gape's work by making a DONATION. If a proper commercial charge was made for Gape's SP it would cost plenty!

I have a bug I think ...

Windows 98 SE OEM (French release)

SP Pack 2.0.2 (French too)

Just windows installed (with layout.inf ...)

Install SP2 directly, reboot, and if I upgrade DirectX to 8.1, the setup says it's not for this

version of windows. If I don't install SP2 all works fine ... Anyone has already this problem ? Thanks

Goodbye.

You should install DirectX 8.1 first before installing SP2, I believe this is covered in "Install Guide" post . Hope this helps