(16406016 Bytes, md5: 1fedb86aa5414bc18a96010ce7e0e923)
ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST!
Installation and Semi-slipstreaming Guide for SP
* Added MSMOUSE.VXD from Q254660.
* Added "(Remove Only)" to the uninstall string.
* Removed COMCTL32.DLL from the SPUNINST.INF.
* Fixed ERRORLEVEL bug in RUNPOST.BAT.
* Removed ATTRIB.EXE and FIND.COM from the package.
* Fixed a minor bug in the TWEAKUI.HLP.
* Updated boot logo and added shutdown logo.
- Full changelog.
Special thanks to Petr, erpdude8, hp68guser, MDGx, Lilla, Excalibur007.
* Some old audio drivers (like Crystal CS423x) are not compatible with SP 2.x. Please, update your audio drivers, if you have problem.
* Uninstallation needs Windows 98 SE CD-ROM. It also doesn't remove all installed files. It only reverts back half of the installed files with original 98 SE files. So, I don't recommend uninstallation of the pack, if you don't have any serious problem.
* If you installed SP 2.0.1 previously, you don't have to install this version. You can install only Q254660.
* If you want to use only Tihiy's unofficial Q891711 fix, you should uninstall official Q891711 fix from Add/Remove Programs.
* If you want to make a localized version of this pack, you can find DDF (for making CAB files), and SED (for IEXPRESS) files as an attachment in this post. For more information about localization, you can look at Petr's post.
* Unattended installation support is added, but it only installs "Main Updates/Hotfixes" part. For unattended installation, use this command:
* If you like this pack and feel like contributing a little something, you can send me some donation via Paypal.
* MDGx's 982ME.
* Tihiy's Revolutions Pack.
* Maximus-Decim's 98SE Native USB Drivers (NUSB).
* Petr's 98FE Service Pack.
Number of downloads: 456
This post has been edited by Gape: 10 November 2005 - 01:04 AM