makin cd atm, just copied files to XPCD directory
choosing the directory
thickin all options, except for slipstreaming a servicepack, coss I use xp pro with sp2 slipstreamed
Now at hotfix point, adding:
XPize uAE (v1.2)
At driver point:
The NVIDIA chipset drivers.
The Marvel network card drivers.
My sata driver (text mode).
At remove components point, I choose these dependencies:
And these components I dont remove:
*ALI IDE Bus Driver
*CMD IDE Bus Driver
*Firewire (1394) Support
*Intel IDE BUS Driver
*Logical Disk Manager
*MIDI audio support
*Internet Explorer Core
*Map Netowrk Drivers Wizard
-Operating System Options
*Disk and Profile Quota
*File System Filter Manager
Then at advanced I choose these items not to be removed:
Then at the remove box, I put the files listed in clints nLite.ini.
Then some tweaks, important ones:
do not parse autoexec.bat
dont page kernel
Installing and Analizing
Made ISO, put disk.sys in my i386 (somehow nLite doesnt do that) and went installing.
There were some quite file not found errors during install, also in windows.
Internet Explorer didnt function properly, MSN wouldnt start. HELP OMFG WTF DONT U HAVE MSN CLINT? anyway , couldnt get defrag software to work and printerspool service was also gone. also some stuff I needed for webcam was gone.
So I went to the remove files list of clint's nlite.ini to check if I had to keep files.
Luckely I know wot most files do so I took about 25 files away needed for:
network browsing on lanparties ;P
Now after 2 installs I can run all of my tried programs. Everything seems ok with the printer service and imaging service, though I dont have a printer here, and I wont go through the trouble to get my webcam workin in virtual pc. So the next thing i will do is make one final iso for testing in virtual pc. Just to make sure. And then I willburn that iso, format and go live with that cd. ^_^
difference between his cleanup/pre-removal and my cleanup is.. about 80% wot I remove is the same has he removed.. but where I stopped with unknown files, he went on n just backupped them incase he needed them. I was gonna do the same thing but lil more carefull. with "last acces time-stamp" I was gonna check after 2 weeks of using programs n stuff, wot windows aint using. but he did it the hardway
my nLite brought own xp install down to 290mb, and with stuff of my own, to 224mb... this is with IE, with printers, with dhcp, with imaging stuff.
with my nLite but preremoval from clints ini, my xp install got 274mb.. then with a combined removal of my cleanups and his cleanups it went down to
quite a record since i use a LOT of programs (n games), and i need a LOT of dependencies.
in the attachments u see:
*my settings from nLite
*my regtweaks, to be used at T12 just like clints, with the $OEM folder way
*1 cleanup file, mine and clints merged there were no files I removed from the cleanup files exept for the ones that werent there when I had a fresh install, apearently nLite removed those.
ps: Oh yeah, feels good to be back in action ^^