Here's some shell extensions...

spiritpyre, would you consider adding folders and drives to your Cmd Prompt Here extension.

I've already created a modded installer including the extra reg entries for myself but it would be a nice addition to the original dll.

Would you also consider adding a switch to your installer to not add shortcuts to the start menu.

Thanks.

Edited by kof94

@kof94: doesn't sound too hard too do, I'll give it a shot when I get a chance. bad news is I've been swamped at school lately, but the good news is I have spring break around the corner so i might be able to donate a day or two to getting some stuff done.

as far as the switches go, I think I figured out how to get that much done already. I know how to get it to appear on the folder's menu and I think I know how I could get away with keeping it as one dll, but I haven't done anything with the drive-menu's yet so I'll need some time to read up on it (and hopefully find out that its pathetically easy... :whistle: ....or to at least see if it'll work.)

Don't know if this will help but here are the reg settings I applied to the Inno installer I created including your dll.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Cmd Prompt Here]
@="Cmd Prompt Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Cmd Prompt Here\command]
@="cmd.exe /k cd \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Cmd Prompt Here]
@="Cmd Prompt Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Cmd Prompt Here\command]
@="cmd.exe /k cd \"%1\""

Don't know if this will help but here are the reg settings I applied to the Inno installer I created including your dll.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Cmd Prompt Here]
@="Cmd Prompt Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Cmd Prompt Here\command]
@="cmd.exe /k cd \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Cmd Prompt Here]
@="Cmd Prompt Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Cmd Prompt Here\command]
@="cmd.exe /k cd \"%1\""

actually that helps alot. I've been going about it the hard way :blushing: and trying to code it in C++ as a dll... what was I thinking? Writing another section in the nsis script to add the lines above is just a couple quick lines. I'll try to get to it soon, but I had a flash drive go bad on me (don't care about the drive so much but my report was on it... :realmad: ) so it'll have to wait til I'm done playing catchup.

In other news, I drew up a few sketches and played around with a new layout for the SubMenu/FileMenu config utilities. I'm considering a rewrite in vb with the hope of cutting down the size of the exe but then I have to brush up on my vb... unless we have any vb peeps out here that are really bored and looking for something to do?... god I wish computers would run themselves...

Hi everyone,

I've developed a shell extension and it's free, no free trials or anything like that. There's still work to be done, but it is quite functional and stable, no nasty bugs that I know of. I use it on a daily basis.

Basicaly, it's a namespace extension for Google Desktop Search. It presents results from GDS as files inside of what appears to be regular folders. It is very similar to OSX's "Smart Folders" or Vista's "Saved Searches".

You can check it out at:

http://zenfolders.googlepages.com/

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanx,

sqba

• 2 weeks later...
is there a reg setting to rightclick on a compressed file(like svcpack.in_) and select "Expand here" ...?
No but it is relatively easy to make one. Search the forum I'm sure there have been examples in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update...incase any one is wondering where I've been and why I haven't released any new stuff: The short version is that I seriously underestimated the workload I would have this semester and my professors dumped alot of stuff on me. At the moment I'm trying to juggle normal class work, a term project, a research project, several job prospects, and normal life so I probably won't be able to release until after my finals (May something or other). :w00t:

I know some of you are probably thinking, "big whoop..I've seen other people handle large workloads." Well, you're certainly entitled to your own opinion but my view is that this is just a hobby for me (i.e., something I do when I have free time that doesn't really cut into my life).

Anyway, I do have some good news:

- All the extensions except submenu pack have been converted to unicode and have new installers that have much better commandline options (Thanks to kof94 for mentioning this). These are just basically waiting on documentation (ie updated readmes covering new features).

- submenu pack / file menu are basically fully functional but the catch is that all the settings must be altered manually via the registry. The config utility is seriously out of date and needs to be updated. I'm considering rewriting it in VB (as opposed to C++ w/ MFCs) so that future maintenance would be simpler. I also think this would reduce the size of the final executable (almost everybody has vb6 runtimes installed).

- Finally, I'm looking to do some heaving trial testing (post-release) of all of the extensions to see if I can wipe out as many issues as possible. I'm looking to make all of the extensions are compatible with newer versions of Windows (ie Server 2003, Vista) if they are not already. I also would like to test that my extensions can be installed under limited user accounts (perhaps to a usb drive), etc.

That's roughly the order I'm planning on doing things. My main focus right now is going to be on my term & research projects followed by my final exams. After I have a chance to relax, I'll try and get back on it. :hello:

Edited by spiritpyre

• 4 weeks later...

how did i not find this earlier?? i always wanted something that would toggle hidden files on and off easily, this is awesome

edit:

sadly out of cmd prompt,file ext, hidden files, and sub menu only cmd prompt works. im running an nlited version of xp64, can anyone get this to work for me? it would be awesome

Edited by Brando569

ok, finally had some time last night to finish up the readme's and repack the installers and upload them.

I just updated the links in thefirst post.

@Brando569: Can you tell me anything else about the problem (ie, are there any errors and if so what do they say, etc.). They only guess I can throw out at this point is that there's probably something interfering with the extensions accessing the registry. CmdPrompt is the only one of those that doesn't need to access the registry after it's been installed. The other 3 depend on it in order to work. nuhi or someone who's worked with nLite more would probably be more help than me as I haven't ever needed to use it.

@Kelsenellenelvian: done. You can even choose which state (shown or hidden) the checkmark should be displayed on.

@plonkeroo: I can look into it I guess but I'll have to go through and remake "The List" with all the new extensions everybody has posted on -- after 1) I can confirm that they're free and 2) I can find a good link (and preferably the author's name). I've done a little bit which I could repost, but it's not complete and if my "development schedule" is any indication that could be awhile.

@all: please let me know if you guys have any problems with anything (links, installers, etc)

edit:

@kof94: forgot to mention, that CmdPromptHere was also updated so that you can add it to folders and drives (if you're using the installer).

Edited by spiritpyre

i dont think nlite would have anything to do with it, i think its the 64 bit version of xp since some of the keys are slightly different. have u successfully tried them on xp 64?? also there werent any error messages, it installed fine and the files are in their respective locations.