Here's some shell extensions...

Guest MonickerL

I got it!

Just run cmd, then type "regsvr32 [path to DLL]."

So if you want to install "hiddenfi.dll" from c:\XPCD\ you'd use "regsvr32 c:\XPCD\hiddenfi.dll."

You can use /s to make it "silent," which is good for batch files or use in slipstreaming with an unattended installation. More info here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...2.mspx?mfr=true

Edited by MonickerL

(It's useful, don't feel lazy to read)

To Kelsenellenelvian:

it helps nothing, if you just give me the 4 dll files, i think. But I have found the registry of Hidden Files Toggle 3.0, howerer, I have to manually edit it, and at last i did it and try to create a registry file for File Extension Toggle 3.0 based on it, and also did it successfully. Don't worry for all, I will post the two registry files and provided a download link later in 7z, enclosed with the dll files. Read readme.txt. For now, Happy New Year-- Welcome 2008.

To MonikerL:

Thank you for your info but I can't see any changes in the context menu on desktop, nor in folders after registering browback.dll & Selectal.dll provided by Kelsenellenelvian. I did not register the Hidden Files Toggle 3.0 & File Extension Toggle 3.0 coz I have the registry. Thanks anyway. Kindly reply if get any ideas.

To all:

Well, now I need the most is the "Copy to" & "Move to" shell extensions/context menu provided by spiritpyre. I don't want to use the "Copy to Folder..." & "Move to Folder..." registries (that you can find when searching for the Copy to & Move to context menu/function).

*"The Copy to Folder..." & "Move to Folder..." registries actually use the Microsoft Copy to Service [and Move to Service, too].

Microsoft Windows had such functions in context menu but Microsoft realised that these can cause problems. Quoted most websites sayings and forum post, it can cause serious problem.

The problems I spot are:

- when you double-click on program group in the start menu, both the "move to folder..." & "copy to folder..." dialogs [with dialog titles: copy/move items] will popup.

- when you select multiple files to edit, open, etc., same problems arise.

I have tried to do as what stated in this webpage, but helped nothing. May be I have some mistakes.

http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/art_hack.html

So, I need the "Copy to" & "Move to" shell extensions/context menu provided by spiritpyre. Is anyone here has the .exe (installer), or usable files, please?

Here's the registries I promised, immediately provided after my previous post.

Use this link:

http://www.box.net/shared/k308w4o8o8

*WinRar can open 7-zip (.7z) files.

Readme.txt:

Before applying the registries, copy the files below to 'system32' folder in 'Windows' directory:

HiddenFilesToggle_3.0.dll

FileExtToggle_3.0.dll

*Note- Apply the Hidden Files Toggle 3.0 first, then only the File Extension Toggle 3.0.

BONUS

Also try the Attribute Changer context menu.

Same, copy the dll file and apply the registry.

You have done it.

Edited by MillenX

Oohh.... Seems that Spiritpyre didn't provide copy to move to context menu function. Anyone here has the Copy to Move To Context Menu installer or .zip file or what? I don't want to use Microsoft Copy to & Move to Service as stated in the previous post, with my reason.

This is Microsoft Copy To Service & Microsoft Move To Service. You can find the words when you navigate through

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} Value data- Microsoft Copy To Service

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} Value data- Microsoft Move To Service

And this is THE SERVICE'S "Copy to Folder..." & "Move to Folder..." context menu registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy to]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move to]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

Edited by MillenX

ooo..

i tell you, you dont need it. juz download my file and follow the instruction,

OR THE EASIEST WAY

put the hiddenfiles and extension toggle dll files into system32, then run this command:

(must be in the Start\Run)

regsvr32 HiddenFile.....dll

regsvr32 FileExt..........dll

try it.

The exe version is really hard to find as the link is dead.

I don't know if you care bout your pc safety. If really, don't be affraid as this will not cause problem...

So do my files!!!!!

Edited by MillenX

Sorry ya guys......

It should not be regsvc but regsvr32!!!!!

And I had edited it back to a correct one.

One thing is, why would chronus21 sound like successful in doing that?

Arhh, he knew the command before he saw this post, I guest...

Anyway,

Thanks to Yzowl who tells me the mistake.

Oohh.... Seems that Spiritpyre didn't provide copy to move to context menu function. Anyone here has the Copy to Move To Context Menu installer or .zip file or what? I don't want to use Microsoft Copy to & Move to Service as stated in the previous post, with my reason.

This is Microsoft Copy To Service & Microsoft Move To Service. You can find the words when you navigate through

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} Value data- Microsoft Copy To Service

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} Value data- Microsoft Move To Service

And this is THE SERVICE'S "Copy to Folder..." & "Move to Folder..." context menu registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy to]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move to]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

i am using this it is working only for files not for folders

Here you have stated one more inconvenience that Microsoft Copy To / Move To Service brought.

So I am back here to suggest you to use this shell extension.

Put this dll file into Windows\system32 and register it in Start : Run

Regsvr32
<dll file name>

Download it from here:

http://www.box.net/shared/otb3quupwk

It works very well.

More shell & registry to catch in

http://www.msfn.org/board/Shell-Extension-and-Context-Menu-t110580.html

Edited by Prober

prober but i want to get them with installation how i can get it as unattended

There are several ways. You could use $OEM$ folders for example to have the DLL copied over to your system32 folder, or create a self-extracting, silent installer package which extracts the DLL to your system32 folder. Next you could run regsvr32.exe /s filename.dll from a batch file, via RunOnce or RunOnceEx, automatically after the extraction of your self-extracting, silent installer package, et cetera.

• 2 weeks later...

@everybody

Sorry, I've been away so long. I know the files are all down and I've been working on a solution. No luck yet, but I threw them up on my school's server for now along with some ad-hoc documentation that I might use if I ever get my own site.

anyway, here are the direct links:

BrowserBack_3.0_Setup.exe

CmdPromptHere_3.0_Setup.exe

FileExtToggle_3.0_Setup.exe

HiddenFilesToggle_3.0_Setup.exe

NewWindowFavorites_3.0_Setup.exe

SelectAll_3.0_Setup.exe

SubMenuPack_1.0.11.0_Setup.exe

UpOneLevel_3.0_Setup.exe

and i threw the binaries into a 7-zip file if you want to go the manual setup route:

ShExtBinaries_3.0.7z

if anybody wants to offer suggestions for making the pages better, you can check them out here:

shell extension pages

(btw they might be a little wordy... i've been around too many profs lately... :) )

As for other news, I submitted a request to start a sourceforge project with these, which should help a lot for hosting and updates if it goes through...unfortunately, I didn't have the webpages at the time but oh well (well, technically they were up but they've only been about half done until today and there weren't any download links before).

I hope I can get some more stuff done soon, but i haven't had much time :(

Edited by spiritpyre

prober but i want to get them with installation how i can get it as unattended

There are several ways. You could use $OEM$ folders for example to have the DLL copied over to your system32 folder, or create a self-extracting, silent installer package which extracts the DLL to your system32 folder. Next you could run regsvr32.exe /s filename.dll from a batch file, via RunOnce or RunOnceEx, automatically after the extraction of your self-extracting, silent installer package, et cetera.

kmaheshkumar,

Sorry for getting to you back lately. I assume your word "unattended" means unattended Windows Disc that you wanna create. Well, you may have had a way that satisfy you in your case. Anyway I post this to benefit the readers, as it might.

I do get them into unattended installation of Windows XP Pro. I use Smart Installer Maker 2.6 (Current version = 5.01)

to pack the dll extension file into an installer (.exe). But if you use a trial version of it, the built installer will show a dialog says that it is a demo version of ....... This nag screen will also appear even you install it silently, but will disappear very fast as the installer completes the installation quickly. However you still can use it fine.

post-171113-1202029716_thumb.png

post-171113-1202029762_thumb.png

Thanks to spiritpyre for coming back

Edited by Prober