haven't been on much due to a busy school schedule, and a lot going on
but i finally have some news about where I'm at and some other stuff I'm gonna try (and the level of difficulty i expect from each):
- this is the one that I've been hitting major delays with. I never really realized how much work programmers need to go through to work with files in a win32 environ. (i.e. file i/o api's, path validation, multi-byte & unicode, custom file parsing, and creating logical/reusable code and algorithms, etc.). But I feel like I've been making headway with it when I get the time, and i've already found some 're'-uses for some of the code I've laid down for this. I've added a lot more functionality than i ever originally intended to and when I finish with the entension itself I plan on finishing up the config utility to package with the release. I'm hoping to be done with this before the new year, but I can't really promise anything. [Difficulty: Really Freakin' Hard]
In the works/projects waiting list:
1) IE/shell extension for Favorites items to "Open in New Window" [Difficulty: Moderately Easy] (Complete)Note: decided to rework this to be more browser-independent (for all those who run firefox/opera/etc)
2) a textfile extension that would essentially use an external, multiline Find and Replace dialog [Difficulty: Moderately Hard]
3) IE extension (will release more info after I find out if its possible but it has something to
do with saving pictures when right-clcik is disabled on a page). [Difficulty: Moderately Hard]
4) replacement extensions for WMP 10 (I think I could do this already but I've been putting my time in on my main project) anyway it would basically remove WMPs paired extensions and allow you choose which ones were allowed on a 1:1 basis (instead of the 1:2 basis available thru regedit) [Difficulty: Really Freakin' Easy]
5) a Toolbar extension or two (probably remakes of my other extensions) [Difficulty: Really Freakin' Hard]
6) adding icons to my context extensions [Difficulty: Moderately Hard]
I suppose I might take a few ideas as long as nobody is expecting anything anytime soon... if anybody has some useful ones to throw on the list (that aren't too hard lol)
but i plan on trying to finish up as much as i can before i start on anything new.
Edited by spiritpyre, 10 January 2006 - 11:16 AM.