Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Here's some shell extensions...

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts

Hi again, with simply merging this registry file you can register and unregister dlls with the context menu instead of using the run box or a batch file. Multiple files can be selected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or if you're *REALLY* lazy you can use a shell extension...lol. :wacko:

DLL Registration / Unregistration using a Shell Extension (By Sardaukar)

Edited by spiritpyre, 21 September 2005 - 10:07 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,752 posts
Nice s*** guys I like the added functionality to windows.

Too bad that image previewer "instant thumbview" isn't freeware though I kinda like the looks of it.

Edited by kelsenellenelvian, 21 September 2005 - 10:28 PM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,752 posts
After some testing I really like the context thumbview but I would not pay for it.

LiquidSage

LiquidSage

Wayward Prophet

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
PikyBasket 2
Download

Very useful for multiple folder/file changes (i.e. Multiboot distro's).

Also, the menu can easily be redone through a resource editor. (I posted a example long ago with pics do a search and PM me if you want a copy of my version.)

Includes :
-Send file/folder to cmd prompt
-Copy Paths to Clipboard w/ a UNC format option.
- :thumbup The Basket - "you can reduce repetitive tasks when copying/moving files and folders in Windows. Piky Basket allows you to select files/folders in to a "basket" from different locations. Once you are done selecting, you can paste them all at once to the target folders. It also allows you to selectively paste the files to the target folder."

skywalka

skywalka

• 15 posts

Too bad that image previewer "instant thumbview" isn't freeware though I kinda like the looks of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.firmtools...shellextension/

skywalka

skywalka

• 15 posts
Hey spiritpyre.

The handy dll @ the bottom of this page http://www.cognitive....com/shlext.php places a tick beside enabled attributes in the context menu. Would it B possible 2 incoporate these ticks with the "hidden files" & "extension" context menu items?

Thanx again.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,752 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.firmtools...shellextension/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW Thats even better thanks!!!

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts

Hey spiritpyre.

The handy dll @ the bottom of this page http://www.cognitive....com/shlext.php places a tick beside enabled attributes in the context menu.  Would it B possible 2 incoporate these ticks with the "hidden files" & "extension" context menu items?

Thanx again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll try to look into it when I get a chance. right now school's been picking up and when I get time I've been trying to improve/finish/add to the SubMenu Pack extension.
I've been going over its string parsing routine trying to make it more flexible, I'm working on a separate app that you can use to import the commands & (optionally parameters) without having to deal with the registry/settings file, and then i need to recode my previous extensions as windowless .exe's...:w00t: ...the main reason for all of this being to extend windows without cluttering up my menu lol

btw would you be able to post a (cropped) screenshot of the menu? I'm not really sure what you mean by tick and the link didn't show any screens... I'm assuming its a bitmap/icon or something like that, right? (if so I think it should be do-able, but I just want to make sure) thanks.

Edited by spiritpyre, 27 September 2005 - 09:27 PM.

skywalka

skywalka

• 15 posts
Thanx SpiritPyre.

I'd always assumed the tick was an ASCII character but now that U mention it I think U R right. It is probably an icon.
Posted Image

skywalka

skywalka

• 15 posts
I just realized Windows has ticks built into it's submenus.

eg Arrange Icons by > Auto Arrange etc

HyperHacker

HyperHacker

Just plain nuts

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Wildcard selection shell extension (by Matthijs Hollemans)    here
- adds "Select..." to all context menu which will bring up a dialog box where you can you dos-like wildcards in your search criteria (i.e. "h*.gif" or "*.g*" etc) and it will select the results

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK... sites that don't let you download without signing up already suck huge ones, but the signup form doesn't even work. :angry:
[insert something funny here]

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
@ skywalka: thanks for the screen. right now i'm still putting all my programming time into the SubMenu extension, so don't expect anything rigth away... but I'll see if i can't add that when i get time. :D

@ HyperHacker: yeah, I didn't like that either when i first found them, but i never had any problem signing up. sorry its not working, did you try sending them an email about it? codeprojects has a lot of cool stuff -- even if you're not interested in their coding articles, there are lots of FREE tools and demos.

anyways, quite a few of their articles have come in very handy for helping figure out how to accomplish some bast***ly programming trick or another.

Edited by spiritpyre, 02 October 2005 - 01:29 AM.

Nologic

Nologic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
http://www.mlin.net/misc.shtml

StartupSelector

StartupSelector will save or load the Windows configuration data that causes programs to run at system startup. This allows you to easily switch between multiple startup configurations, for a myriad of potential purposes.

PathCopyEx

A very simple shell extension that copies the text path of any file/folder in Explorer to the clipboard. Saves a bit of time on all those annoying Browse for Folder windows!

RegSvrEx

A shell extension that provides convenient and quick registration for ActiveX DLLs and OCXs. A great tool for ActiveX developers - much more convenient than regsvr32!

RdocEx

A nifty shell add-on that adds the programs you run as well as the documents you open to your Recent Documents menu.

StartXplorer

Mirrors a directory with shortcuts. Allows you to create a kind of Explorer in your Start Menu. This is neat for building a shortcut mirror of your MP3 subdirectory in the Start Menu - you can play MP3s just as if you were starting a program.

Taskbar Commander

Only for the most eccentric of Windows users - lets you control the order that buttons appear on your taskbar. Alphabetize them, etc. Requires IE4+ with shell integration.

Insert ToggleKey

Ever accidentally turn on overtype, and as a result typed over half a sentence? ITK sounds a tone whenever you press Insert.

MLHotKey

Assign an activation hotkey to any top-level window - press the hotkey, and that window is instantly activated.

WindowSizer

Sets a given window to an exact size in pixels. Useful for web developers who want to see what their site will look like at various resolutions.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,752 posts
OK guys I really need a .dll extensions thats is for opening a command prompt here. NOT the ms one that .dll isnt even the actual shell extension the **** thing uses regentries. I need just a .dll extension.

AZiZi

AZiZi
  • 9 posts
That's so cool , thanks a lot spiritpyre

but how can i rename the menu in context
eg. i want to see "Hide/ Show Hidden Files" instead of "Hidden Files Toggle"

also do you know how to rename "Send to" in context (as well)

thanks so much ^_^

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,752 posts
You would have to reshack the dll's

AZiZi

AZiZi
  • 9 posts
oh well , thanks anyway ^_^

just another qucik question , if I do reshack them can I rename those to non-English laguage ??

thanks a lot ....

Edited by AZiZi, 29 October 2005 - 07:35 PM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,752 posts
No clue...

eidenk

eidenk

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

just another qucik question , if I do reshack them can I rename those to non-English laguage ??

I reshack stuff from japanese to english so it should work the other way round as well.
Asus A8V Deluxe - Athlon 64 FX-55 2.6Ghz - 1GB DDRAM 400 - Windows ME (IE 5.5 SP2 Shell) + KernelEx 4.0 and Revolutions Pack 10

AZiZi

AZiZi
  • 9 posts
thank you you all. i'll try it out sometimes

thanks again ^_^

LiquidSage

LiquidSage

Wayward Prophet

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
P E S X - Portable Executable Shell Extension
Author's Website
Download PESX

-Finds file dependencies and list paths to dll used by the exe in question.
--allows to copy information to clipboard
--allows to copy dependent files to one directory :thumbup
(This is one of the easiest ways to migrate dependencies when authoring Windows PE /Bart PE plug ins.)

-System resources use is extremely low and is only in use when accessing 'Properties' of a exe.

Tip!!!
-PESX.dll is very easy to customize for those who are familiar with resource editing.
-Works in windows PE / Bart PE
-This program is free!!!. B) Just email the author and ask for a key! Return reply was very quick.

To get to the goodies of this extension....
1. R. Click on a exe and select properties. A new tab will be shown called 'dependencies'.
2. R. Click on any item in dependencies and you will see the standard R. click menu allowing you to do any normal operation on any file in the list plus, a new menu called PESX. Psx's features can now be accessed

Edited by LiquidSage, 09 November 2005 - 04:17 AM.

eyeball

eyeball

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
wow those extensions you made are really great! part of my regular windows setup now rekon ;)

thanks again :thumbup

Nighted

Nighted

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
Heheh, I had to make an account here just to post this reply...

There were a couple Mp3 shell extensions mentioned (well AudioShell adds other formats) but no one mentioned the best one!!!

MP3ext! It has a brilliant tag editor available through the properties menu and you can choose themes to show different icons for various bitrates thus instantly showing the quality of the file.

You can download my theme here: Nighted's MacStyle theme :thumbup

Here's a screenshot: Posted Image

B)

BTW, thanks for the awesome shell extensions! I found some stuff I really needed and your hide extensions and show hidden files are great. What a find! Hope you find MP3ext and use my icons.

Oh, look for JAM Software and look at these free apps. They have two really useful apps that you can call from your context menu, one is TreeSize that allows you to compare sizes of directories and the other is NTFSRatio that lets you compress/decompress files.

Edited by Nighted, 10 November 2005 - 03:12 AM.

When you deal with the Devil, don't.

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
haven't been on much due to a busy school schedule, and a lot going on :w00t: but i finally have some news about where I'm at and some other stuff I'm gonna try (and the level of difficulty i expect from each):

SubMenuPack :thumbup - this is the one that I've been hitting major delays with. I never really realized how much work programmers need to go through to work with files in a win32 environ. (i.e. file i/o api's, path validation, multi-byte & unicode, custom file parsing, and creating logical/reusable code and algorithms, etc.). But I feel like I've been making headway with it when I get the time, and i've already found some 're'-uses for some of the code I've laid down for this. I've added a lot more functionality than i ever originally intended to and when I finish with the entension itself I plan on finishing up the config utility to package with the release. I'm hoping to be done with this before the new year, but I can't really promise anything. [Difficulty: Really Freakin' Hard]

In the works/projects waiting list:
1) IE/shell extension for Favorites items to "Open in New Window" [Difficulty: Moderately Easy] (Complete)
Note: decided to rework this to be more browser-independent (for all those who run firefox/opera/etc)

2) a textfile extension that would essentially use an external, multiline Find and Replace dialog [Difficulty: Moderately Hard]
3) IE extension (will release more info after I find out if its possible but it has something to
do with saving pictures when right-clcik is disabled on a page). [Difficulty: Moderately Hard]
4) replacement extensions for WMP 10 (I think I could do this already but I've been putting my time in on my main project) anyway it would basically remove WMPs paired extensions and allow you choose which ones were allowed on a 1:1 basis (instead of the 1:2 basis available thru regedit) [Difficulty: Really Freakin' Easy]
5) a Toolbar extension or two (probably remakes of my other extensions) [Difficulty: Really Freakin' Hard]
6) adding icons to my context extensions [Difficulty: Moderately Hard]

I suppose I might take a few ideas as long as nobody is expecting anything anytime soon... if anybody has some useful ones to throw on the list (that aren't too hard lol) :P but i plan on trying to finish up as much as i can before i start on anything new.

Edited by spiritpyre, 10 January 2006 - 11:16 AM.

slimzky

slimzky

Self-Taught Geek

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
hi i hope som1 can make a context menu like this one... im using FolderPilo but it has bugs... as you can see, the context menu looks different.. it does not match some themes like VistaXP, Clear Looks etc.. its annoying for me.. so if anyone has some ideas how can i make that kind of context menu, pls help...

Posted Image

Edited by slimzky, 07 December 2005 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN