Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Here's some shell extensions...

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05

what happened to Spiritpyre? where is he?

yeah... sorry i hvaen't been on in awhile. I've been in over my head at school and trying to make a comeback before it affects my gpa. Unfortunately, I still have a few weeks left but I do have some good news. slimzky, Djé. I finally got around to reinstalling VisStudio again and have the basic code for the two extensions ready -- BUT I'm almost finished on a big update that will affect all of my extensions, so I'm just gonna finish up and then I'll post everything at the same time. If there aren't any nasty surprises at school, hopefully it'll only take a few days. I'll try to check out the new cmd & inf when i finish up with that.

eidenk good news for you too. If you look back a few pages somewhere in this thread I was planning on just such an idea. I was calling it my 'SubMenu Project' but was trying to add support for parsing the info from a text file (as unfortunately the simplest c++ read technique wasn't working... :angry: ). anyway with all i've had going on I've decided I'm gonna drop that support-- at least for the time being, and just use the registry based part of the code. A config utility still needs to be written and I need to either find an old build or weed out the incomplete file-parsing code from the current build... sorry don't have any kind of ETA yet though... I would also like to release standalone exes for all of my extensions with SubMenu Pack (most of these are already finished except the newer extensions). The standalones would also come in nice if someone wanted to use them in apps such as DropBar (see 2nd post) if someone wanted to use them from the Windows Explorer Toolbar. Again no ETA, but hopefully I'll be able to at least get started on it by the weekend.

Edited by spiritpyre, 10 April 2006 - 11:25 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05
Posted new versions of everything in the first post [here]. I tested the links and extensions from school and everything worked fine. Added ability to install on Nonadmin accounts and use custom captions on all of them (as opposed to just some). Also released UpOneLevel and CmdPromptHere.

The only problem I noticed was that, as of right now, Cmd Prompt Here (actually cmd.exe) won't work with UNC paths so you have to map them to a drive letter and work only through the mapping. But it works great for all local paths and mapped network paths. If I get ambitous I may try to find some kind of workaround for this, but I have finals and end of semester tests coming up so I'm going to be pretty preoccupied for the next couple of weeks. I tried to test everything pretty thoroughly but if anyone has problems, suggestions, or ideas please let me know (I'll might some details too). and FYI - if you install to a Nonadmin account you'll have to change the default path to somewhere where you will have write access to. Enjoy.

Edited by spiritpyre, 14 April 2006 - 09:04 PM.

HyperHacker

HyperHacker

Just plain nuts

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05

Anyone know where I can get an extension that will let me open a folder in a new window from the context menu?

You don't need an extension for doing this. Editing the registry is enough :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\New Window]
@="Open in New &Window"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\New Window\Command]
@="explorer.exe %1"

Nice tweak, but it doesn't show up on desktop icons. Is there a way to do this?
BTW I added a line that you seem to have missed (@="Open in New &Window").

Edited by HyperHacker, 15 April 2006 - 04:48 AM.

[insert something funny here]

slimzky

slimzky

Self-Taught Geek

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Joined 09-February 05
@spiritpyre, thank you very much dude!!!! :thumbup

u know the "uponelevel" shellext will be very useful for those who are trying to mimic the looks of Woindows Vista like me. because i only use back & forward button in explorer. its pain in the a** without up one level.. but now its easier :D
Posted Image

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05

Anyone know where I can get an extension that will let me open a folder in a new window from the context menu?

REGEDIT4

@="Open in New &Window"

@="explorer.exe %1"

the only thing I can see is that you might need to put the path in quotes like so:

@="explorer.exe \"%1\""

don't know if that's the problem, but since the default desktop path contains spaces it might make sense.

eidenk

eidenk

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined 28-March 05

REGEDIT4

@="Open in New &Window"

@="explorer.exe %1"

Well you don't really need that line you've added. It displays as "New Window" on my folder context menu (I am on WinME) and it also works on the folders or shortcut to folders that are on the Desktop but it is redundant there as it will not do a different job than the open command.

I don't know if I posted this one already or not (in your style this time) :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\rootexplore]
@="&Root Explore"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\rootexplore\command]
@="Explorer.exe /e,/root,/idlist,%I"

It opens the folder as root in explorer tree view. Quite handy sometimes.

Edited by eidenk, 17 April 2006 - 07:05 AM.

Asus A8V Deluxe - Athlon 64 FX-55 2.6Ghz - 1GB DDRAM 400 - Windows ME (IE 5.5 SP2 Shell) + KernelEx 4.0 and Revolutions Pack 10

Djé

Djé

accent artist

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Joined 10-January 06
Gorgeous!
Many thanks, SpiritPyre
Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeatedly fail their History exams.

Nighted

Nighted

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 10-November 05
eidenk,

That registry fix for opening a window in a new window is interesting, but not fool proof.

You can't open a folder that's named with certain characters, like "-= Photos =-" for example. I use folders like this all of the time to keep them at the top of the sorting order.

Thanks though.
When you deal with the Devil, don't.

eidenk

eidenk

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined 28-March 05
I have no problem using it with a -= Photos =- folder here.
Asus A8V Deluxe - Athlon 64 FX-55 2.6Ghz - 1GB DDRAM 400 - Windows ME (IE 5.5 SP2 Shell) + KernelEx 4.0 and Revolutions Pack 10

kof94

kof94

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Joined 28-November 05
@Spiritpyre

You may need to change your download provider buddy. All your links are dead!

KenanBalamir

KenanBalamir

Junior

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
Are you update ?
Türkçe Yazılım - http://www.turkceyazilim.net | Günün İpucu - http://www.gununipucu.net

geo411m

geo411m

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
does anyone have the file SP Ext Pack 1.0. if so can it be put up and rapid share or something.. thanks in advance

bigbadmoshe

bigbadmoshe
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-September 06
hey man i love these but the links are all dead can you repost new links please

pedro80

pedro80

• 17 posts
  • Joined 24-April 05
I'm bumping this in hope of update of download mirrors, or maybe somone else would care to upload these files elsewhere if they have already downloaded them..
Greets from:
Leif_, Norway

BLeU

BLeU

• 39 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06
@spiritpyre

Download links are all dead..Please re up..

skywalka

skywalka

• 15 posts
  • Joined 25-August 05
The CMD entry should be available when rightclicking any file or folder. For me it is only available when rightclicking an empty area of an open window. When rightclicking a file the CMD should open at that file.

SendToToys does this.
http://www.gabrieleponti.com/software/

skywalka

skywalka

• 15 posts
  • Joined 25-August 05
I'm trying to do some toubleshooting. Every time I try to uninstall the extension pack I get this message:

---------------------------
Uninstaller Error
An error occurred while trying to remove SpiritPyre Extensions Pack. It may have already been uninstalled.

Would you like to remove SpiritPyre Extensions Pack from the Add or Remove programs list?
Yes No

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05
@all: sorry I haven't checked back in awhile. It appears that the file-host was down for awhile but I just tested it and it worked ok...

@skywalka: I'll try to check out the Extensions Pack but I have finals coming up and school comes first. I remember that I had a different script for that package than for the rest so its possible that I might have made a mistake.

As for the CmdPromptHere it is working correctly. I never added functionality to do that work on the file/folder menus, just the background menu because the other two could be done by a registry hack. BUT I do like the idea...just never thought to add it. I might try to add it if I get time.

Input

Input
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-December 06
Very nice list of shell extensions! Thanks for the links! :thumbup

K_O_

K_O_

• 15 posts
  • Joined 24-August 06
Hey spiritpyre, thanks for sharing buddy, i'm into this sort of tweaking
myself..
I find i'm using either reshack, exescope, notepad or XVi32 hex editor
that much , that I made my own installer packages that also add the
right click menu entries to open files with either of the progs I listed
above..
Only seems to work on Win 95 through to Win 2000 though, still working
out the reg entries needed to make them work on XP / 2003..

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have a package that allows to view all files binaries to via the right
click method called PEEK, downloaded it off the net somewhere a while
ago now..
Posted Image

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05

@all: sorry I haven't checked back in awhile. It appears that the file-host was down for awhile but I just tested it and it worked ok...

ok... I'm in between classes at school and thought I'd check it since I was just messing around online. Down again... I'll try to find the binaries and re-upload them to rapidshare or something, but I'm not going to have time until this weekend (especially if I end up having to rebuild the binaries and/or repackage them).

if anyone has any recommendations for a FREE fileserver that is better than rapidshare go ahead and let me know and I'll try and upload them this weekend.

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 30-September 04
Umm... me? :)

Set up an account on my "image hosting", and I can change the permissions to include .zip or .rar files as well. Just let me know what your user name is on my hosting.

tijuana

tijuana

• 16 posts
  • Joined 20-September 06
if you send them to my email - nicolas@fxs.cl - I can host them on my webserver ;)

Slow connection I have though :}

Atlanx

Atlanx
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 19-December 06
The downloads (SP Ext Pack 1.0, Hidden Files Toggle 2.0 and so on) are dead.

Can you please upload them again???

Thank you very much. :)

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05
All files have been uploaded to Zxian's server and the links should now be working!!

Also, SubMenuPack has finally been released!!

See the first post for both, and Happy Holidays guys :~D

Edited by spiritpyre, 25 December 2006 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users