Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Here's some shell extensions...

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

kmaheshkumar

kmaheshkumar

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07
prober but i want to get them with installation how i can get it as unattended

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,822 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
Tell me which ones and I will make a silent proper installer for them for you.

Arie

Arie

One Man Army

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Joined 27-August 07

There are several ways. You could use $OEM$ folders for example to have the DLL copied over to your system32 folder, or create a self-extracting, silent installer package which extracts the DLL to your system32 folder. Next you could run regsvr32.exe /s filename.dll from a batch file, via RunOnce or RunOnceEx, automatically after the extraction of your self-extracting, silent installer package, et cetera.
Not trying to pretend the enemy that I am.

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05
@everybody

Sorry, I've been away so long. I know the files are all down and I've been working on a solution. No luck yet, but I threw them up on my school's server for now along with some ad-hoc documentation that I might use if I ever get my own site.

anyway, here are the direct links:
BrowserBack_3.0_Setup.exe
CmdPromptHere_3.0_Setup.exe
FileExtToggle_3.0_Setup.exe
HiddenFilesToggle_3.0_Setup.exe
NewWindowFavorites_3.0_Setup.exe
SelectAll_3.0_Setup.exe
SubMenuPack_1.0.11.0_Setup.exe
UpOneLevel_3.0_Setup.exe

and i threw the binaries into a 7-zip file if you want to go the manual setup route:
ShExtBinaries_3.0.7z

if anybody wants to offer suggestions for making the pages better, you can check them out here:
shell extension pages
(btw they might be a little wordy... i've been around too many profs lately... :) )

As for other news, I submitted a request to start a sourceforge project with these, which should help a lot for hosting and updates if it goes through...unfortunately, I didn't have the webpages at the time but oh well (well, technically they were up but they've only been about half done until today and there weren't any download links before).

I hope I can get some more stuff done soon, but i haven't had much time :(

Edited by spiritpyre, 02 February 2008 - 05:43 PM.

Prober

Prober

• 22 posts
  • Joined 12-January 08

There are several ways. You could use $OEM$ folders for example to have the DLL copied over to your system32 folder, or create a self-extracting, silent installer package which extracts the DLL to your system32 folder. Next you could run regsvr32.exe /s filename.dll from a batch file, via RunOnce or RunOnceEx, automatically after the extraction of your self-extracting, silent installer package, et cetera.

kmaheshkumar,
Sorry for getting to you back lately. I assume your word "unattended" means unattended Windows Disc that you wanna create. Well, you may have had a way that satisfy you in your case. Anyway I post this to benefit the readers, as it might.

I do get them into unattended installation of Windows XP Pro. I use Smart Installer Maker 2.6 (Current version = 5.01)
to pack the dll extension file into an installer (.exe). But if you use a trial version of it, the built installer will show a dialog says that it is a demo version of ....... This nag screen will also appear even you install it silently, but will disappear very fast as the installer completes the installation quickly. However you still can use it fine.

Attached File  Add_Files.png   60.36KB   26 downloads
Attached File  Add_Dll_to_Register.png   68.83KB   19 downloads

Thanks to spiritpyre for coming back

Edited by Prober, 03 February 2008 - 03:11 AM.

x-Shadow-x

x-Shadow-x

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 12-February 08
D:< the link to the Hidden Files Toggle doesnt work

Edited by x-Shadow-x, 15 February 2008 - 07:52 PM.

www.aftershockforums.com

spiritpyre

spiritpyre

Grand Poobah

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 28-April 05

D:< the link to the Hidden Files Toggle doesnt work

I just tested it and didn't have any problems from my end...maybe the server was down before. Anyway, I noticed that I had forgot to update the first post with the new links so thats been fixed now too.

fluffypony

fluffypony
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 08-March 08
Hi guys - I'm running a slipstreamed (and NLite'd) version of Windows that comes with SpiritPyre's Select All, File Extension Toggle, Hidden Files Toggle and Browser Back pre-installed (ie. slipstreamed). I want to remove the current versions and put the latest ones in, but I can't seem to find the DLL's, which seems to imply they've been renamed to suit the installation. Any suggestions for a manual uninstall, including the registry entries? Your assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Quisquose

Quisquose

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 19-November 06
I've just tested out these excellent shell extensions on my Win2k setup. They work fine, but the Sub-menu pack menu item appears at the very bottom of my context menu (below 'Properties') rather than in the position shown in the screenshot on the first post of this thread.

Is there any way to fix this, or manually reposition the menu entry?

Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by Quisquose, 02 July 2008 - 01:52 PM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,822 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03

Hi guys - I'm running a slipstreamed (and NLite'd) version of Windows that comes with SpiritPyre's Select All, File Extension Toggle, Hidden Files Toggle and Browser Back pre-installed (ie. slipstreamed). I want to remove the current versions and put the latest ones in, but I can't seem to find the DLL's, which seems to imply they've been renamed to suit the installation. Any suggestions for a manual uninstall, including the registry entries? Your assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Kinda late answer but I put them in the system32\shellext directory.

Quisquose

Quisquose

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 19-November 06
I've just tried a couple more of the extensions (I'm loving the check mark on the new Hidden Files Toggle menu, by the way) :) but these recent additions have also gone to the bottom of my context menu!

I installed the Select All item last, but strangely it went into the second-to-last position rather than at the very bottom like previous two extensions did.

Is there a means by which the Registry determines where to insert an item into the context menu?

Attached Files

Edited by Quisquose, 01 July 2008 - 10:21 PM.

fluffypony

fluffypony
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 08-March 08

Kinda late answer but I put them in the system32\shellext directory.

Yeah - found it and sorted it out :) Thanks!

spacesurfer

spacesurfer

Pharmassist

• Patrons
  • 1,668 posts
  • Joined 31-July 04
I don't where I found this link but I found it here somewhere: http://arniworld.de/downloads.htm, and I stumbled upon of the greatest extensions to Windows Explorer: The AWXTOOLBAR.

See image.

Attached File  awxtoolbar.PNG   37.47KB   70 downloads

This is one of those, I can't believe I needed this all along!

You see the notepad icon right next to the open menu? Well, that nifty icon will open notepad if no file is selected. If you select a file (.txt, .doc, .log, .xml etc), then it will open that file in notepad. Of course, .doc files will be garbled up.

And the icon before the open menu - that's a "Create New Folder" icon, the one that Windows has been missing in the toolbar all this time.

Edited by spacesurfer, 02 July 2008 - 08:21 PM.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 GHz, ASUS Radeon EAH3450 256 MB, 6 GB Corsair RAM, Maxtor 300 GB + Seagate 400 GB HDDs, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
IBM T42 Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Radeon Mobility 7500, 160 GB HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

AZiZi

AZiZi
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 12-October 05
Hello I have a problem installing HiddenToggle on to another machine

when I install by exe nothing change after finish installation, then I tried install manually by putting dll in system32 folder and type "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\xxxx.dll" and i got this error says

DllRegisterServer dll failed. Return code was: 0x8007007e

any helps ?

Enzo

Enzo
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-April 08
Thanks, just what I was looking for! Do the extensions work in Vista? I'll see for myself soon...

sp00f

sp00f

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 30-November 06
Any x64 versions? :unsure:

otetz

otetz

• 11 posts
  • Joined 06-October 06
excellent job, spiritpyre! file extension toggle and hidden files toggle i loved the best. thank you very much, to me these were really needful!

os2fan2

os2fan2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04
I can't seem to download spiritpyre's extentions from his latest site.

It seems like the site is closed during the mid-semester break?

Is there an alternate site?

Edit I managed to download these at the Wifi hotspot at the railway station at the airport, so it seems that my isp is doing strange things.

Edited by os2fan2, 05 May 2009 - 04:57 AM.

b-man

b-man

• PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 28-April 09
im looking for a
open with notepad
and reshack shell extentions

edit
ok i created a shell extension for reshack
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\reshack]
@="Reshack"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\reshack\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\reshack\\ResHacker.exe\" \"%1\""

and heres the 1 for notepad
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open with notepad]
@="Open with Notepad"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Open with notepad\command]
@="\"C:\\Windows\\Notepad.exe\" \"%1\""

Edited by b-man, 23 May 2009 - 03:20 AM.

b-man

b-man

• PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 28-April 09
is there a way to manually install by placing the dll file somewhere
or how would i create a silent install like Kelsenellenelvian had said

Kuhmo

Kuhmo
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-June 09
Hi guys, sorry for disturbing :)

My problem is, how to add Hidden Files / Exstension Toggle in Vista Ultimate x64? In XP there is Tools > Folder Option > File Types and advanced options for folders (Vista doesn't have this), and i can't add script :(

Thanks

b-man

b-man

• PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Joined 28-April 09
http://www.tech-reci...ile_extensions/

hidden files should be there too somewhere

Edited by b-man, 03 July 2009 - 02:20 AM.

Petlydecker

Petlydecker
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 22-February 04
Hello,

You guys have a great thread here for these registry hacks. I am trying to find the one for "Remove on Reboot". Any help or a link to a current downlaod page would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sasha

MillenX

MillenX

• PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Joined 17-December 07
never heard this..
got problem adding fileexttoggle and hiddenfiletoggle to context menu in windows 7 x64. is the problem attributed to 64bit or windows 7 itself?

hi spiritpyre!
Can you make x64 version of these shell extensions?
Windows x64 can't load 32-bit binary...

Edited by MillenX, 23 October 2009 - 11:44 PM.

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
Some shell extension I discovered on the net does allow to quickly show and hide hidden files, superhidden files and as a bonus comes as 64-bit.

http://www.autoitscr...mp;#entry446104

NB: You have to register to be able to download this shell extension!

Edited by Acheron, 30 January 2010 - 08:14 AM.

Say no to bloatware. Download Nero Lite!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users