unattended vista

the WSIM will install on XP sp2, but unless you have the newer version from after may 25th, it will work properly. it has worked for some people but for most it was not working correctly

I've been scratching my head for weeks trying to find out where to download Windows SIM because it is not there in Vista default installation.

The instructions asks us to :

Open Windows SIM by clicking Start, All Programs, Microsoft Windows AIK, and then clicking Image Manager.

Any clue guys? Much appreciated.

Edited by McoreD

Let the testing begin :P

Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) User's Guide for Windows Code-named "Longhorn"

here

please help me :(

the link is borken

if there is new links

thnanks

eli

*CLARIFICATION*

the WAIK is not downloadable to the public yet, it has been absorbed into the new Business Desktop Deployment App (BDD 3.0) this has gone beta to select MS partners and beta testers, it should be avialable more wide spread soon (can't give you a date cause i have no idea) to do an unattended vista installion though you don't need the WAIK, you can still do it the good old fashioned way, just finished a Unattended install DVD, i will note what you need to do later today to create an unattended install of Vista 5384

the beta in question was the beta for Vista/longhorn, so no :) they aren't taking anymore applicatants for it, teh BDD will be released publicly soon (i hope) but till then you will have to make your Unattended Vista installs by hand

*CLARIFICATION*

the WAIK is not downloadable to the public yet, it has been absorbed into the new Business Desktop Deployment App (BDD 3.0) this has gone beta to select MS partners and beta testers, it should be avialable more wide spread soon (can't give you a date cause i have no idea) to do an unattended vista installion though you don't need the WAIK, you can still do it the good old fashioned way, just finished a Unattended install DVD, i will note what you need to do later today to create an unattended install of Vista 5384

I await your guide!

And for those who want more info on BDD Vista, check out

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvi...oy/bddguid.mspx

you can still do it the good old fashioned way, just finished a Unattended install DVD, i will note what you need to do later today to create an unattended install of Vista 5384

Awesome. Thanks fizban2. Although you call it as old fashioned way, it is not the winnt.sif way, right? All I know is that it is something to do with unattended.xml and I am not sure where to put it because there is no I386 folder anymore. Really looking forward to your guide. :)

Edited by McoreD