Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How Do They Do That...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Pir8King

Pir8King
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-August 05
Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to start on making a custom desktop like all the amazing ones here, and I suggest maybe making this a sticky, filled with all the different sites to download different programs and wallpapers and such!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 30-September 04
The idea of a sticky might be good for places to find the software. However, the ways of making a good looking desktop changes from person to person. Some people use different programs to do the same thing, and having guides for everything would just be tedious (most of it is actually pretty self explanitory).

A good place to start would be in the threads themselves. People often say what programs they use for certain items on their desktops. Once you've got the name of the app, Google is your best friend. :)

grafx1

grafx1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 23-May 05
may be this is a good start
http://www.wincustomize.com/
Posted Image

Scubar

Scubar

- Local Smartass -

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Joined 20-May 05
personally its upto personal preferance. you can find alot of good artwork icons and other such customizations on DeviantArt. another little program i like to use is Samurize

Edited by ScubaSteve, 05 August 2005 - 04:21 PM.

Tranix

Tranix
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 16-August 05
I'm using the stylexp and it's pretty cool. You can make your desktop turns into Mac interface.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users