Protests

FthrJACK

nobody wants war, considering it's bad for the economy and nobody wants to lose their loved ones, buit at the moment there's no other choice. saddam will continue this until we stop him. and france and germany.....well they kiss my a**, we don't need them the only reason they don't want to take saddam out is because they sold him parts to build those weapons he claims he doesn't have. i was watching cnn the other day and they had some liberal crackhead on there bitching that everytime there's a bush in the white house we have a war. the anchor then reminded him of clinton sending our troops to die in haiti and samolia and the crackhead studdered and couldn't think of a good comeback, it was hilarious, but back to the point if we don't stop him now we'll have to wait until he really does have a nuke then we he joins up with the n. koreans and others then we are screwed. the u.n. is a bunch of c*nts anyway . they make policies but when a country breaks them they won't enforce them.. it's pathetic..

the protesters can go f them selves....**** tree hugging hippies..

us-gads.gif

nobody wants war, considering it's bad for the economy

Quite the opposite my friend, look to the past and you will see in many times of economic hardships, war has help increase the economy....im deffinatly not prowar, but i just wanted to let you know about this commenly misconstruded fact. Sort of odd considering were are in one the largest ressiosions in the past 40years.....

=Drew

It's good that these protests have been making headlines, and so many people are coming out for them. I was at the one in DC on October 26th (or was it 23rd?) when it all began, and it was a beautiful thing to see so many people coming together for a good cause.

And techguy, maybe you should think before you speak. You're obviously clueless. I think everyone would agree that Saddam is a horrible guy, but since when do we have the right to decide which leader is good and which is bad, and take them out of power through war? What about North Korea? Why perform diplomatic effects for them and not Iraq? And Iraq and N Korea teaming up? What the hell is this, a comic book? A bad B-movie? For f**ks sake, look at the facts before you open your mouth. We helped Iraq and back them in the 80s during their war with Iran. We are the only country to use nukes in an act of war. So you want this war, huh? Well, why don't you suit up and join the Army, and go over yourself. You seem to be one of the few, the proud, the clueless. Get your head out of your a** and look around you.

It was about oil when Hussein went into Kuwait which btw he and his supporters have been trying to get since 1959.Sadaam considers Kuwait his 13 province whether they want to join him or not.Half a chance is all he would need and he would attack them again.When he attacked Israel it was for revenge for our intervention in the Saudi and Kuwaiti attack..At one time back in 1958 Iraq was considered a friend of the west,Sadaam changed all that with torture and brutality of Kurdish people as well as his own.Is this a reason for war?Maybe not,but can you think of a better way to disarm a madman that has bent his attentions on destroying the US and it's supporting friends?He is not called "The butcher of Bagdad "for nothing.

if its not about oil or some other bulls*** why do they need to wage war on the country when some sas or someone else could nip in take saddam out and any one else who thinks they could snatch the thrown.

why does britain always get dragged into americas wars anyway?

america has usually armed or trained whoever there going after.

saddam would have been dead last time if it wasnt for the americans ,who was it 5mins away from storming the palace and assasinating him last time :)

isnt there something in American law that prevents them from assasinating leaders? or maybe that applies just to the CIA im not sure.

Hopefully someone knows more about that.

But yes, it would make sense to fly a load of apaches and chinooks in and troops, in vast numbers. All get out at saddams palaces (he has about 40 so this is no small invasion) take out any ressistance by all means.

Arrest all basq paty members in Gov buildings, Slot saddam or put him in a cell next to Slobodan in the Hauge.

Why take the war to the people of iraq when they arent the ones this war is supposed to be with, take it to saddams door instead.

isnt there something in American law that prevents them from assasinating leaders? or maybe that applies just to the CIA im not sure.

Hopefully someone knows more about that.

President Gerald Ford removed assassination of world leaders as an option in an Executive Order approximately a quarter century ago. I'm not sure when he signed the Order but it was obviously during his Presidential term (1974-1977). To my knowledge this has yet to be altered. Mainly this order would pertain to the CIA because it would be the CIA's job to carry out such an order [generally], however, this order pertains to all government agencies as far as I have ever had knowledge of. The main goal was to remove assassination as a means of policy change in a foreign country [by replacing a leader]. Of course this would not be the case during a war...

In the U.S. the President cannot alone declare war [even though he might wish to]. Assassination would be something only the President and the relevant agencies would be involved in. Surely Congress would never be informed. This is too much power to hand to a President, IMO. The Executive Order was a good one however it was too broad because, yes, there are times, like now, when assassination would be the best resolution to a situation saving immeasurable bloodshed.