Pre install Partitions?

Hi all,

It is impossible to format the second partition on which windows will not be installed during setup. The only way to this is using another application capable to boot without an OS or with WinPe. I also install my applications and put documents and settings folder to d drive. I'm currently working on this project;

1st my cd will boot and asks whether you want to do partitioning job before the setup. If you prefer to launch the partition application, it boots from the application bootable (Acronis or Paragon. I did not decide on which one I am going to use).

Then after partitioning and restarting, again my cd will ask what do you want to do.

Then it's time to setup windows. There is 2 choice again; Unattended or normal setup.. If you select normal mode, everything progress in usuall way. If you select unattended mode, there is 2 option again; Modify the existing answer file or directly set the windows up with the existing answer file. If you select to modify it, a small application similar to setup manager of microsoft will launch and open and/or create an answer file. After modifying it, setup will launch and use the modified answer file to install windows. As soon as I finish the job, I'll post here and maybe make a tutorial for it if anyone interests.

The winbom.ini only works using the OPK preinstalling over a network.  It can't be use to preinstall from the CD.

this is correct. Talking with my Microsoft rep, they have no other method of unattend installaion with two partitions except for the network install method. Perhaps the future they will have something or the side project agonified is working on.