Selfmade Autorun...

TrooperMan

Will you fix the make iso function so that 1.) its all in english ... 2.) it saves the iso to whatever directory the user wishes ... 3.) saves it as an ISO file ... 4.) uses cdimage to reduce filesize... sorry if some of those are already fixed, but just wanted to make sure

Edited by amd64lover

@AMD64LOVER

The MKISO stuff is still in work but you may want to test the new version though. The language problems should be fixed now.

Here's the changelog so far:

Version 2.0beta
+ added debug-mode: Start with
AUTORUN.EXE -debug
to get extended debug information.
With this you may find errors in paths
etc...
- fixes in PHP, workaround at the moment
that should work in most environments
NOTE: All files will be parsed by PHP if
PHPEngine is set to ON (which is NOT
bad)
- fixes of RUN command, now supports
parameters and start of almost every
file through its default program
(e.g. MSI-Files will be launched,
JPEGs would result in opening it with
your default graphic software)
+ added RUNEX command for executing several
commands from one link
(commands have to be seperated by |,
e.g. runex:COMMAND1|COMMAND2)
+ added EXPLORE command to open a
directory/folder in explorer
(e.g. explore:C:/)
- fixed two language-Strings from MKISO-Window
to be exchangable
LNG_ISOSAVETO
LNG_ISOCANNOTRECORD
- SHOWKEY command automatically copies
the key to clipboard now
+ added support for BASS library to play
different kind of music files & streams,
therefore
+ added PLAY command, needs a filename
or URL as parameter
(e.g. play:mymp3file.mp3)
+ added STOP command (without parameter)
(e.g. stop:)
(INFO: BASS-Library can be downloaded from
http://www.un4seen.com/
any must be copied to the same directory
as the AUTORUN.EXE. You also have to activate
BASS support in the INI-File via

[BASS]
BASSEngine=ON

You may want to specify a file to be played
on startup. This is done via

AutoPlay=mymp3file.mp3

in [BASS]-Section.

Download: Admin's Autorun v2ß2

Happy testing ;)

OK, good news is that running MSI files directly does work... bad news is, when that MSI has a dependency (usually a DATA1.CAB file), it gives the following Windows Installer Error:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

When I double click the same MSI file in windows explorer, it runs fine.

My guess would be something to do with the setting for the current directory reported to Windows Installer - perhaps it's getting changed to something else after the MSI is called?

EDIT: I did some investigation, and found that if the MSI has dependencies, they can't be found because the path contains an invalid character - the "/" used in the HTML to point to where the MSI is. This prevents the correct directory from being set. Is there any way to get around this? *2nd EDIT* fixed with "\\" in place of "/"

Also, is the "bass.dll" required even if music playing isn't required? I have the "BassEngine=Off" entry in my menu.ini, but the Autorun won't seem to function without it. Any way to remove the dependency on the "Bass.DLL" file? I don't (and won't in the future) have a need for it :)

Edited by Dillon

ok, i tried the ISO Creation function and still no luck.... it is calling cdimage (i can see the little dos screen flash and disappear), but it is not creating it. I tested it with just XP. The location of the XP Folder is 'SETUP\XP' and the boot.bin file is found at 'SETUP\XP\BOOT.BIN'.. i put all those settings in and it still didnt work. Here is what is contained in my index.html file to create the iso...

stm_aix("p3i6","p1i0",[0,"Microsoft Windows XP Pro","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:SETUP/XP/BOOT.BIN:WINXPPRO:ISO\\SETUP\XP"],365,0);

Prior to trying this, i made a BAT file to create the ISO's. Here is what is contained in the BAT file ...

start BOOT\CDIMAGE.EXE -lVRMPVOL_EN -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b..\SETUP\XP\BOOT.BIN -h -n -o -m ..\SETUP\XP "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Windows XP Pro.iso"

I found that in order for the BAT file to work correctly from the CD, the locations of the file needed to be preceeded with a '..\' to tell it to start looking from the root... I tried putting the '..\' before the location of the boot file and path in the index.html, but it didnt help....

Please Help!

p.s. - is there a way to remove the 'burn to disc afterwards' part?

I will try to make it work without bass.dll, then.

@amd64lover:

have you tried the debug-mode? it should tell you how cdimage is started. compare that to what you need and maybe run it manually to check the errors and tell me what happened. Maybe we can solve it that way.

Updated version so that it loads BASS dynamically. Same location.

But at the moment bass.dll would work with Streams only, I'm working on full mp3 (etc) support.

Also the "burn disc afterwards" will disappear if theres no dvdd****** found. Will improve that later in optical ways.

Edited by TrooperMan

Hiya, downloaded the file again, I get the following when I run the Autorun without "bass.dll" present:

"This application had failed to start because bass.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Any ideas? Thanks again!

Edited by Dillon

@ amd64 - debug mode opens a little window beneath the menu with debug info, showing you what's going on when you click things. Useful for noticing if you've typed something wrong etc.

To start, run your Autorun like this:

Autorun.exe -debug

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dillon

Ok, i got it to work. The line i used in the index.html file is

stm_aix("p3i6","p1i0",[0,"Microsoft Windows XP Pro","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:../SETUP/XP/BOOT.BIN:WINXPPRO:../SETUP/XP"],365,0);

i had to take out the '/ISO//' part and i had to insert the '..' to get it to start from the root of the CD...

One thing i noticed was that there is a slash missing because instead of saving the ISO file to the desktop (C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Desktop), it saved the file as C:\Documents and Settings\USER\DesktopWINXPPRO.ISO ... there is a slash missing between the filename and desktop folder... i dont know how to insert this... Please help! thanks

Edited by amd64lover