Selfmade Autorun...

TrooperMan

Genius, pure genius... i was going to ask you how to include spaces in the filename without getting the percent signs as placeholders, but i see you have fixed that. Thanks so much, its working wonderfully!

I tried the setting it to where the user can input the filename, but it didnt work. I checked the debug form and it was passing all the correct commands, but for some reason cdimage didnt even seem to start up. I can create the ISO just fine if the user set filename is disabled. Thanks again

hmm... it works for me...

After the "save to.." dialog pops up and I choose a destination, debug tells me that it started cdimage.

MKISO (SETTINGS): CDImagePath = TOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE
MKISO (SETTINGS): BOOTIMAGE -> LOADER.BIN
MKISO (SETTINGS): IMAGELABEL -> WIN95C_DE
MKISO (SETTINGS): ROOTPATH -> ISO\95C
MKISO (SETTINGS): FILENAME -> Windows 95.iso
MKISO (ACTION): CREATE ISO, BROWSE FOLDER...
MKISO (ACTION): OUTPUTTING TO "C:\Windows 95.iso"
MKISO (ACTION): STARTING COMMAND LINE:
>>>>>>> TOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE -lWIN95C_DE -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b"LOADER.BIN" -h -n -o -m "ISO\95C" "C:\Windows 95.iso"

It works fine when i put the filename in the index.html file, but when it asks the user to type a filename, it doesnt work and cdimage doesnt even seem to startup.... Here is what my debug form shows...

BROWSE (ACTION): MKISO

MKISO (SETTINGS): CDImagePath = BOOT\CDIMAGE.EXE

MKISO (SETTINGS): BOOTIMAGE -> HREN.IMG

MKISO (SETTINGS): IMAGELABEL -> Hiren'sBootCDv7.6

MKISO (SETTINGS): ROOTPATH -> BOOT\HIREN

MKISO (SETTINGS): FILENAME -> Hiren's BootCD v7.6.iso

MKISO (ACTION): CREATE ISO, BROWSE FOLDER...

MKISO (ACTION): OUTPUTTING TO "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Hiren's BootCD v7.6.iso"

MKISO (ACTION): STARTING COMMAND LINE:

>>>>>>> BOOT\CDIMAGE.EXE -lHiren'sBootCDv7.6 -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b"HREN.IMG" -h -n -o -m "BOOT\HIREN" "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Hiren's BootCD v7.6.iso"

everything seems to be correct, but it still doesnt create the ISO when the user types in the filename.

Edited by amd64lover

Hmm... I will try to debug that a bit more. Although I don't think I will get the time for that today. But here's a little demo for PHP support.

This code attached with PHPEngine=On should produce the same menu index page and is LOTS easier to maintain...

(Right-click -> Save as...)

INDEX.HTML

Edited by TrooperMan

Excellent job! Everything seems to work great now, all the little niggles have gone... am currently testing the option to give the user control of the filename, but to be honest the filename doesn't really matter if it's gonna get burned to CD after being made anyway?? Just my personal opinion...

Anyway, congrats again on the nice work, version 2 is only a few days away I'm sure :thumbup

Drop me a line via PM (in german). I don't understand anything :)

(besides:)

And no: This is not from winboard.org. This isn't even an installer but a simple autorun. So why including my program in an unattended installation?

Edited by TrooperMan

New Beta, added several things...

1) Added CMDS Command which can be used if you want to run several commands from one line. All commands have to be written within bracers.

e.g. CMDS:(COMMAND1:PARAMETER1)(COMMAND2:PARAMETER2)

I though this is neccessary for:

2) Added COPYKEY Command which copies a serial number or whatever to the Clipboard WITHOUT showing it. Additionally added blockwise paste via CTRL+B. This will help filling out serial-number boxes which are divided in blocks. The serial numbers will be split up at the minus character (-).

3) Added a configuration wizard which can be opened via ALT+E. With this wizard editing the configuration file should be much simpler.

AUTORUN2B8.ZIP

As always: Happy testing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Been using your app for awhile now TrooperMan and its done what it says on the tin...

But a few golden words that would allow you to change the autorun menu for all your installation disks without having to manually burn a new version when you make a change to the menu...

MYSQL SUPPORT IN THE PHP!!!!! :whistle:

Imagine if the index page could connect to a database on the network, grab the latest menu information and spit it out the way you want it... Hell you could probably get the menu to display different menus depending on the files present on the disk...

Would be one cool feature and it would save time updating all your installation disk since all you would have to do is update this one database...

No idea if its possible since you would need to include the MySQLlibraries on the disk and have them accessible but would be well worth the effort to include it... :thumbup

Lol ;)

Basically this could be done by copying the mysql libraries for PHP to the extensions directory (which should be the PHP\ directory) and enable that in your PHP.INI. Go and fetch a copy of the PHP binaries from php.net and you have the libraries you want. You might of course use other databases then if you want.

PS: By the way, I'm using PHP version 4.x