Network Connection - Connected Status

Zxian

The problem is not at startup. ("...after my computer has been on for a while..." see above) When I startup my computer with the wireless card enabled, the first icon I see is a connected icon (no aquiring network address).

The problem is if I have disconnected from the network and then try to reconnect (with any network adapter).

@Wicket20519 - I'm at work now, so I can't check out my theory... but do you disable the NLA service (Network Location Awareness)? I'm wondering if some of my disabled services have anything to do with this, and the reason why it takes a bit longer is because the system is waiting for a reply from one of them. If someone could test this out for me (disable NLA, unplug, wait 10 seconds, plug in), I'd really appreciate it.

Jerk..LOL.... i just tried waht you said.. now mine is doing the same thing. AND NOW IT WONT GO AWAY!!!!.

Ill let you know if i figure it out..

Yes i re-enabled the service and I am still having a problem.

you are right... that is pretty annoying..

So it is definately that service that is causing the problem

Edited by chilifrei64

Are you having that problem even when you enable the service and restart?

lol... it's like the networking plague... :P I'm sorry...

But your connection will eventually revert back to connected after a couple of minutes, right? Mine will eventually kick back to the "Connected" state if you leave it alone.

yes. after re-enabeling the service it did eventually go back to the way it was after a few min.

After re-enabling the service and doing other disconnect tests.. I am no longer having this problem. Everything has gone back to its original state.

What happens if you enable this service? does your problem go away?

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanna add 2 things to this:

1) I had the same problem and there was simply NO WAY to get it to connect. I ended up re-installing anyway though. :P

2) What shell is that? It looks awesome! (Don't tell me that's Explorer with the big icons, file sizes, and command prompt on the desktop? o_O If so, how do I do that and what skin is it?)

The skin is Cyrix for WindowBlinds. You can find it at WinCustomize.

As for the desktop, that's AveDesk. You can read more about it under the Desktop Screenshots section of the forums or at the Aqua-Soft forums. If you want more help in how to set it up, PM or MSN me.

• 4 weeks later...

Mmm.... I wonder if this topic could be related to my problem?

The thing is that my connection in the sys tray shows as not being connected (red X) and never shows as connected after any amount of time, but as plain as day I can browse the network ok.

I'll try disabling and enabling the NLA service (Network Location Awareness)? to see if this helps my cause :( Although I have a feeling that its a registry thing.

:thumbup

Nope it's only one.

Everything goes fine and works well prior to installing. The sys tray icon is there and all lit up with the two green monitors flickering away happily, but as soon as I reboot the icon sys tray Icon goes cold with the big red X, which means it's not connected.

But as I said I can browse the network no problem at all, the only annoying problem is that the icon shows me differently, makes me think that it's something to do with the registry settings.