The latest update files

Tinywoods

Thanks jobbie,

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/e...44-x86-intl.exe

Do you know the download site address of KB829019 FRAMEWORK 2.0? I could not reach the adress. :huh:

@ironside

I've not found the way (a XPCREATE folder) to install kb902344 at this moment.

File integration maybe much easier for us. Do D:\windowsmedia10-kb902344-x86-intl.exe /integrate:D:\test ....like this. However, I've not checked whether an ISO image that is integrated work or not. ;)

I have no time to check KB891122, moreover, I do not know the site adress. If it is an integration file as kb902344, it is a same story.

Edited by Tinywoods

@ironside

I've not found the way (a XPCREATE folder) to install kb902344 at this moment.

File integration maybe much easier for us. Do D:\windowsmedia10-kb902344-x86-intl.exe /integrate:D:\test ....like this. However, I've not checked whether an ISO image that is integrated work or not. ;)

I have no time to check KB891122, moreover, I do not know the site adress. If it is an integration file as kb902344, it is a same story.

Thanks

It appears that kb891122 is included in the latest build of mp10setup (3802) so that problem is solved. ;)

As jor .NET framework 2.0 & kb902344 they still will not install with svcpack.inf

I tried creating switchless installers for both and placed in SVC-EXE and still they didnt install, So i really dont know .

With regard to the 12NOV2005\SVC-HF1 folder I have the following differences:

files I have not on this location:

Q282784_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe

Microsoft has released a command-line tool that easily enumerates all of the installed fixes by Microsoft Knowledge Base article number. Customers can then confirm that they have installed the appropriate set of fixes before using a valuable support incident and potentially experiencing unplanned down time.

WindowsXP-KB883939-x86-JPN.exe

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

WindowsXP-KB885222-v2-x86-JPN.exe

After you install Windows XP Service Pack 2, some 1394 devices (such as digital cameras that use S400 speed) may not perform as expected. Install this update to help prevent this issue. After you install this update, you will have to restart your computer.

WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-jpn.exe

This non-security critical update helps resolve an issue where a limited number of systems running a BIOS without production support for Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Celeron D processors based on Prescott C-0 stepping can potentially hang on Windows XP Service Pack 2 installation. After you install this update, you may have to restart your computer

WindowsXP-KB886677-x86-jpn.exe

This update addresses an issue where double-byte character set (DBCS) characters may appear corrupted in Internet Explorer on Windows XP when you browse a Web site that uses Shift-JIS character encoding. Install this update to help resolve this issue. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

files I have and are not in the presentend list:

WindowsXP-KB899588-x86-ENU.exe

A security issue has been identified in the Plug and Play service that could allow an attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

So in total here are 41 I have 37 hf.

After installation only the following optional software is represented to me by windows update:

829019 dotnet 2

891122 WDRM enabled mediaplayers

so perhaps there are some hf not necesarry for my system or there are some updates which are included in newer ones in the list of 41

@p388l3s Thank you.

I found there is no Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) Japanese version today. So I could not reach the site.

You ca download English version from here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

I did installed tis version today into the dutch version and there no problems whit it.

The installer is in my own language maybe it reads from the older version the language.

After the install i used windows update and it was installed corect.

Tinywoods can you tell me where i have to place it in xpcreate.

Do i need to remove older versions?

Thx

First off, stop saying that .NET Framework cannot be installed at T-13. There is a way. There is always a way. We just don't know how to do it.

Also, if you would like to negate both of the hotfixes (KB891122 and KB902344), you have to update the Windows Media Format 9.5 Runtime. To get the version that fixes both updates, you need to download KB900325. It was a huge rollout for Media Center and it contained a file called wmfdist95.exe. Wmfdist95.exe updates Media Player and no longer requires you to download KB891122 or KB902344 (even on the Windows Update website). Extract all the contents of KB900325 and remove the file wmfdist95.exe. To get it to install silently, you have to repackage it using iexpress and use the command:

"wmsetsdk.exe" /DisallowSystemRestore /WMFDIST /Quiet /R:N"

Download KB900325: Here

-JASpurrier3

Wat about the "Current Hotfixes" section on xpcreate's page? It still has the August list. Since this list is not up-to-date, Ive been thinking about something, create an iso using xpcreate and its august hotfixes, and integrate ryanvm's update pack in that iso using nlite. Coz in ryanvm u get the flash player, and other extras?

Have anyone tried it?

Will this work?

Probably not or a pretty pointless exercise as Ryan;s pack contains all the updates prior to august anyway.

Best method is to go to the unattended windows forum and look in the HOTFIXES thread and download all the updates since august to your SVC-HF1 folder, Easy!

Oh, and by the way .NET Framework 2.0 does not install at T-13 period!

Edited by ironside

Probably not or a pretty pointless exercise as Ryan;s pack contains all the updates prior to august anyway.

Best method is to go to the unattended windows forum and look in the HOTFIXES thread and download all the updates since august to your SVC-HF1 folder, Easy!

Oh, and by the way .NET Framework 2.0 does not install at T-13 period!

Thanks for the reply though the question seemed like it came from a n00b(me :( ). Thanks for the reply and for not shooting at me.

:thumbup

Hello :blushing:

Finally, I gave up to add the 2 files in XPCREATE. :no: The runonceex batch method is the best way for me at this moment as Bitfrotter said.

@carrot, sorry my late response.

*Q282784_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe --- It is nice to have for me, Qfecheck tool. No impact on Windows update. But you can see whether Hotfixs have been install completly or not.

*WindowsXP-KB883939-x86-JPN.exe --- Security patch for IE. It may be an old file, as you said.

*WindowsXP-KB885222-v2-x86-JPN.exe --- IEEE1394 patch (SP2) It's depend on your PC. You can delete it. I use XPCREATE + WPI in DVD (8.5G DL DVD) for my 4 PCs, so I use the file for safe.

*WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-jpn.exe --- CPU support patch. It's depend on your PC. You can delete it. (It is a patch for Prescotte and Celeron D)

*WindowsXP-KB886677-x86-jpn.exe --- For Two byte OS only.

*WindowsXP-KB899588-x86-JPN.exe --- Security patch for SP2 Plug and play weakness. Yes, we should better to add it. But I've never been asked to install when I perform Windows update.