Adobe Acrobat 7.0.0 Professional

my2001

Nilfred;

Thanks for the quick response, I did check out the thread you referenced yesterday and downloaded the file but I'm not sure it's what I need or I don't understand what it's doing. I don't want to appear dense (or as thick as two short planks as they say in the UK) but here's where I'm having difficulty...

I have a VL version of Acrobat 7 Pro. I have the original media (7.0.0). So ever since we bought it to distribute (7.0.3 update was already available by that time) it has been my goal to 'slipstream' all the patches into the original acropro.msi/data1.cab structure and not have to expand it to an 'admin install point'.

The original data1.cab is around 199mb and the original disk is around 240mb. Once I expand it out to an admin install point and patch it to 7.0.9 the whole thing balloons up to around 530mb.

How do I take the original and the 7.0.5/7.0.7/7.0.8/7.0.9 patches, apply them, and put all the files back into a data1.cab and acropro.msi instead of having an admin point?

There must be a way to programmatically do this. Can Orca be used to generate the file necessary to re-cab the data1.cab by somehow reading the file manifest of the acropro.msi and using that to tell makecab how to recab the files?

Thanks!

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

• 11 months later...

Am having this exact same issue with Acrobat 8 Pro. The original data1.cab file is around 400mb, after admin install and slipstreaming the unpacked structure has gone upto 800mb.

Is there an updated batch file to create the required ddf file for v8 Pro? And package into a new cab file.

Any help appreciated

Progress was done:

Generic Data1.cab recompress, Automagically slim down Data1.cab based apps

For Acrobat 7.0.8 some hack should be done for a missing file and trivial add of some registry entries.

7.0.9 I din't test yet

I am trying to use this on Acrobat 8 Pro, I have tried using the ReCab.bat batch file to recreate the Data1.cab file. But this still errors during the install saying the installer cant find files within the cab file. Are there any changes that need to be done to the batch file to use this on Acrobat v8 Pro?

Even running the batch file on the cab file copied from the install media creates the same error. Have created an admin install and slipstreamed in upto 8.1.1 with mst file containing key etc, would just like to compress and repackage down into another cab file. Thanks for any help.

Bump very old topics gives bad results. Please let this topic die and seach again.

Generic Data1.cab never work for A. alone. There are other topics that use variations of this script.

Work has been done up to AR7.0.8. Then Adobe gives us a tool for that... InstallShield Tuner 7.0 for Adobe Acrobat

Now there is another tool: Adobe Customization Wizard 8

These tools obsoletes scripts like this.