XPize Settings.exe - Application Error

diddykong

Just installed XPize beta 2 (with Firefox open ok?) all seems ok, but clicking XPize settings to change icons sizes etc. gives the following box, with a red circle and white cross in it icon:

XPize Settings.exe - Application Error

The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

The box has a different kind of theme, with grey buttons, as does ZoneAlarm too.

Ran the XPize updater which updated one file, restarted, same problem.

Edited by diddykong

Not that its particularly clear or well well documented at the main site this this needed, but in any case, I do have the NET framework installed.

I've even run windows update to check they aren't more updates, but there isnt.

Problem still there, and without a solution.

Edited by diddykong

Thank's that's done it. I installed every possible thing from windows custom update last week, and I was sure like before it included NET framwork.

Either it did and thats installed over it and fixed it.

Or I was not prompted / Windows custom update no longer displays NET framework, so you have to manually go find it (which clearly most general users aren't going to do)!?

Thank's that's done it.  I installed every possible thing from windows custom update last week, and I was sure like before it included NET framwork.

Either it did and thats installed over it and fixed it.

Or I was not prompted / Windows custom update no longer displays NET framework, so you have to manually go find it (which clearly most general users aren't going to do)!?

maybe the install failed or something corrupted. but glad to see all's working B)

But is NET framework still definitely appearing in Windows Custom update? If not then there's gona be alotta people not getting it, or not even realising they need it for anything. Regardless, can the XPize settings.exe not say, NET Framework 1.1 is corrupt, or needed to be installed in order to run this program. Then provide a link?

But is NET framework still definitely appearing in Windows Custom update?  If not then there's gona be alotta people not getting it, or not even realising they need it for anything.  Regardless, can the XPize settings.exe not say, NET Framework 1.1 is corrupt, or needed to be installed in order to run this program.  Then provide a link?

yeah overriding the default error msg with a infobox with a yes/no box to go to the .net framework download page would be a good idea.... :yes: but i dont see .net framework 1.1 in microsoft update no so maybe it was just a temp error

You can find links to NET Framework in the website, no need the program to link you to the files if you have forgotten to install it.

diddykong: Redownload XPize, maybe the download was corrupted.