This is the biggest update ever!
PowerPacker will help a user create a Multiboot Windows XP disk with or without DriverPacks. It will do almost everything for you, even hex edit the files needed to be hexed, create the boot directory, boot menu, etc. It makes creating multiboot XP disks a breeze.
This program was made with the BTS DriverPacks in mind. Basically it does just about everything you need to do to add a windows XP load to your MultiBoot Disk.
It will gather the needed files from your source XP CD and put them into a directory you specify. It will grab the DriverPack Files and install them. It will create a boot directory for your load and even hex edit the files that need to be HEXED to allow you to boot to it. It will put the needed info into the boot list so you can select your XP load. It makes testing the DriverPacks very easy!!!
v1.0 RC5 - 08-17-05
I have extensively re-written most of the code to make it function much better.
1. RC4 had hesitation issues when browsing and selecting things. That is fixed in RC5.
2. I have added a checkbox which allows the user to exclude WIN9XUPG folders from being copied to the destination (To help save a lot of space of your final product if you do not plan on using the winnt32.exe upgrade option... which nobody should use anyways).
3. Also another check box for the user to exclude the LANG folder from being copied to the destination (Which also saves a lot of room and is not needed if you are only going to be using a localized version of WinXP).
4. Also as promised... I made major use of the new powpack.ini file! You now can call PowerPacker_v1.0RC5.exe from a script file using certain parameters and you can actually create your whole entire multiboot disk 100% unattended!!! Completley from the first pack to the last pack... and even have it compile your iso into the destination and name you specify! No more sitting at the computer for hours waiting for every pack to finish so you can start the next pack. Once you have created your script file... and your set of ini files all you will need to do is run your script and leave. Come back later and everything is done! I think I deserve a round of applause for that! You all will never know what I had to do to get this program capable of doing that. (Check the updated help file for more information.)
5. Updated the help file with instructions on how to use the unattended parameters.
6. Added a "Tri-Pack" Checkbox... which will allow a user to quickly create three packs from one source. (Unattended with Driverpacks, Unattended without DriverPacks, and a regular attended pack.)
7. Added a Checkbox called "Custom Pack Name" which will allow a user to choose a four character name to be used as the destination directories and boot files. (**NOTE** when you use this option you have to manually edit the BOOT\cdshell.ini file to add your custom pack to the boot menu.)
8. Many other changes were made... but there are too many to list and remember.
Please post bugs and requests in this thread... and be nice... this is my first Public App!
powerpacker-gui.jpg (Screenshot Updated August 17th 2005)
Download/Rate Windows XP PowerPacker HERE ONLINE @ BetaNews.com
Or download it from these mirrors:
HERE ONLINE Thanks to my server for this mirror.
Mirror 2 ONLINE Thanks to Telenut for this mirror!
Mirror 3 ONLINE Thanks to Moesasji for this mirror!
Mirror 4 ONLINE Thanks to UnO for this mirror!
P.S. Please check out Windows XP PowerPacker's spot at BetaNews.com
Give it a rating and place a comment if you get a chance. Thanks everybody!
Looks like Windows XP PowerPacker is becoming very popular! Check out google to see what I am talking about.
Search: Windows XP PowerPacker on GOOGLE.com
I even found a site that claims to have a keygenerator and Crack for WinXP PowerPacker!
(Duh... it's freeware and doesn't need a keygen or crack.) Please Don't get the crack it must be a virus!!!
Edited by Siginet, 23 August 2005 - 12:21 PM.