disable logon screen

vakhal

hi everyone...

can anybody tell me why when i install a fresh copy of winxp on two different computers ( using the same cd) one has a logon screen and the other one dosn't

i'm using a unattended cd ,so all the information is identical.

i don't wont the logon screen to apear as there is only one user.

and does anyone know how to diable the logon screen that i don't want, i've been searching everywhere but can't figure it out.

any idea's will be a great help....thanks

Edited by vakhal

Not sure why your unattended CD did that.... to turn off the user logon screen either goto start > run > and type "control userpasswords2" or open "User Accounts" in the control panel. Then simply click change the way users log on and off. Another way I'd recommend would be to install PowerToys and use TweakUI within that app to logon users automatically at startup. Hope that helps.

oohhh..very ggood

i'll try the start>run>...and see if it works

i've searched through all the options in the user accounts but didn't find anything there..,very strange ( maybe i overlooked something ).

anyway ....thanks for the reply!!

If you're isntalling .NET Frmaework, did you check that the account it creates is deleted on both pcs?

Remove_dotNET_account.cmd

net user aspnet /delete

maybe that's not it but I have seen a couple of occasions where my own uA cd's skip over an entry or two for no apparent reason...

btw I believe you can set autologin using the NET command from a batch/cmd but I've never had to bother with it so i don't know the exact syntax. (cmd.exe >> "net /?") or search msfn cause I think I've seen it around here before somewhere.

Edited by spiritpyre

no..i haven't got .NET framework installed...i don't really know much about it.

i tryed what ringfinger said to do and it worked...altho it created another user in c/documents and settings...and i had to set up my mail account and fravorites again

the only difference btw the 2 computers is that the one that didn't have a logon screen was one i made up myself, the other one is a HP Pavilion

so maybe having a HP motherboard somehow affected the xp instalation.