Remote Desktop- MORE than 3 connections

hello212

Hi!

I am using Windows XP Pro with service pack 2. How can i have MORE than 3 concurrent users accessing my computer through Remote Desktop? Basically, how can i make it like Winconnect Server XP??

Right now i can ONLY have 3 conccurent sessions even though i have "Limit Number of Connections" set to 99999. I’ve searched the internet for DAYS maybe even a whole week and all the hacks I’ve seen can only give you three concurrent sessions. It seems like absolutely nobody has been able to get more than three besides the company that makes WinConnect Xp.

There are a few other people that would also like to know. We appreciate the help!!

For those people who just want 3 connections like me go here: http://sig9.com/articles/concurrent-remote...nts_per_page=50

KEY WORDS: Remote desktop hack crack patch terminal server terminal services concurrent sessions simultaneous VNC netmeeting remote assistance 10 users 21 users 3 users 2+1 users 10 sessions 21 sessions 3 sessions 2+1 sessions registry hack local console dword 2082 2055 rdp termsrv.dll system32 Fast User Switching gpedit.msc group policy regedit.exe windows 2003 windows 2000 server windows server 2003 application server hack licensing token more users

Hi

Server 2003 Gives you max 2 concurrent RD sessions WITHOUT a licensing server. So if you want more than 2 on a 2003 Server, you need to install/configure this service.

For XP, no concurrent users are allowed. Before SP2 came out, M$ said it will support 1 concurrent user (1 local, 1 on RD), but it was removed from the RTM SP2 for reasons not known to me. (Maybe of license agreement of XP?)

Anyhow, this 'hack' you use is from SP2 Build xxx (not RTM), not supported, and i don't know if it's stable and if it works correctly. Does it?

You can not (to my knowledge) install licensing service on a XP machine, and you can not have any concurrent sessions on it eather. Only with 3th party software.

Greets

Davor

Army20,

I went to the link and saw this:

3) tcpip.sys (to allow more than only 10 connections per port, now allows unlimited) *HACKED AND PATCHED (see MSKB)

What is that? Would that give me more concurrent connections with Remote Desktop or is that just to get better downloading speeds with programs like Kazaa?

The tcpip.sys hack allows more than 10 other computers to connect to your computer. Any non server class OS is limited to only serving to 10 other computers...so if you have a small workgroup of say, 15, then you'll only be able to have 10 people access a shared file or printer. That might be a problem with your scenario, but since you're stopped at 3 and not 10 then I would guess not. However, do you happen to have 7 other computers sharing anything while you're trying this?

RTM = Released To Manufacturer?

Something like that...means it's final code...usually the first release too.

Hello InTheWayBoy

tcpip.sys has nothing to do with established connections as far as i know, but with hald-open connections. You can have more than 10 connections on XP.

I don't know the exact details but this issue is most certain documented is one of the KB articles on MS site.

Well I beg to differ...in the example I explained, with file sharing and what not, it is definantly limited to 10 connections.

Check this thread:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Q_21333467.html

It references a similar site located in the thread someone posted...it's the tcpip.sys file. They limit it to 10 so that you are forced to buy the higher server level os when you need a large setup. Now that's ten concurrently...if you have fourty people but only nine use it at a time, you'll never see this.

Edited by InTheWayBoy