Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

using iexpress for .msi appz

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mehargags

mehargags

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
I made some self installing Silent plgs for Certain Appz lilke Rar,ultraiso, & other stuff using Iexpress utility & all of them flawlessly install. Only Glitch i faced is regarding the MSI based setups. For eg:-
I wanted to make an auto install for cmdhere.msi. Now i pkgd it with iexpress & in the Install Program field i tried the following ways turnwise:-

Cmdhere.msi /quiet
this gave me -- Error creating Process<E:\docum~1\abc\local~1\TEMP\IX000.tmp\cmdhere.msi /quiet>. Reason: E:\iwndows\system32\advpack.dll

then i tried
msiexec.exe /quiet Cmdhere.msi
&
msiexec.exe /i /quiet Cmdhere.msi %*

But all i get is a msg window showing me possible Parameters of msiexec.
Can u pls tell me how i can pkg these MSI based Appz so that i can use it in the SVCPACK.inf.

No im not making an unattended CD-- i just want these appz to be installed alongside with XP.
thx

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

pawan

pawan

The One

• PipPip
  • 188 posts
Try MSI Extractor (a tool to extract files from .msi files). Then you can customise any file(s) and installation command.

You can find MSI Extractor here.

Pawan
:thumbup

MHz

MHz

Just simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
msiexec /i Cmdhere.msi /quiet

You do have to layout the command correctly or the window will popup to help out.

thuun derboy

thuun derboy

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
extract installer, if your msi has setup.ini file to guide install, try adding somethomg like:
CmdLine= /qn
under [Startup]

CmdLine is usually blank after =.

_good luck...see attached, other option for pre iexpress tweaking.

Attached Files

thuun derboy

thuun derboy

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
for further info. on iexpress & msi file type...

http://greenmachine....SS/iexpress.htm

seek and ye shall find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN