Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mehargags

using iexpress for .msi appz

5 posts in this topic

I made some self installing Silent plgs for Certain Appz lilke Rar,ultraiso, & other stuff using Iexpress utility & all of them flawlessly install. Only Glitch i faced is regarding the MSI based setups. For eg:-

I wanted to make an auto install for cmdhere.msi. Now i pkgd it with iexpress & in the Install Program field i tried the following ways turnwise:-

Cmdhere.msi /quiet

this gave me -- Error creating Process<E:\docum~1\abc\local~1\TEMP\IX000.tmp\cmdhere.msi /quiet>. Reason: E:\iwndows\system32\advpack.dll

then i tried

msiexec.exe /quiet Cmdhere.msi

&

msiexec.exe /i /quiet Cmdhere.msi %*

But all i get is a msg window showing me possible Parameters of msiexec.

Can u pls tell me how i can pkg these MSI based Appz so that i can use it in the SVCPACK.inf.

No im not making an unattended CD-- i just want these appz to be installed alongside with XP.

thx

Try MSI Extractor (a tool to extract files from .msi files). Then you can customise any file(s) and installation command.

You can find MSI Extractor here.

Pawan

:thumbup

msiexec /i Cmdhere.msi /quiet

You do have to layout the command correctly or the window will popup to help out.

extract installer, if your msi has setup.ini file to guide install, try adding somethomg like:

CmdLine= /qn

under [startup]

CmdLine is usually blank after =.

_good luck...see attached, other option for pre iexpress tweaking.

post-46536-1126664487_thumb.jpg