Local Group Policy settings

Whenever I set up a machine, there are a number of local gpo tweaks I make thru gpedit.msc - disabling WMP from making quick launch icons, disablling personalized menus, removing My Documents from desktop and start menu, etc.

I have been searching for a way to export these changes to a file and re-import them during install, but have yet to find a way.

I think I've got my unattended install CD tweaked just the way I want it, except for this. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Most policies can be easily set through the registry, there is plenty of information available within these forums on this method.

The other and more involved method would be using administrative templates.

:D

OK, I figured it out. All changes made locally via gpedit.msc are stored in windows\system32\GroupPolicy - and this directory does not exist before making said changes to default local group policy.

So, all I had to do was do an install with my current unattended CD, make the changes I wanted in gpedit.msc, and copy the GroupPolicy folder from the new install to $OEM$\$$\system32 in my XPCD directory.

Just tested it, and seems to be OK so far.

Thag or anyone else:

Please post any links or info regarding what files/ folders are edited or created during group policy editing. I would very much like to know all the happenings, as I prefer to work manually - ala thags method - rather than using programs.

Cheers.