Bug in Wihu or ... ?

midiboy

Hi Benjamin,

this is a very very strange problem that has haunted me for months now. I decided to finally find the cause of it. Here´s the problem.

I am calling the following cmd file in Wihu during software installation AFTER user installation at which time I am creating the user Alexander as a default user. So as far as I know, the software installation that follows will be installed as that user. right or wrong ?

Now, the part of the ini that calls the cmd looks like this:

Description.10=Trillian Einstellungen
command.10=CMD /C "%INIDIR%\..\..\Einstellungen\Trillian\silent_install.cmd"
workdir.10="%INIDIR%\..\..\Einstellungen\Trillian"
selected.10=1

The silent_install.cmd looks like this:

@echo off
if exist "%WINDIR%\system32\cmdow.exe" cmdow @ /HID

copy /Y .\profiles.ini "%PROGRAMFILES%\Trillian\users\global\"

if exist "D:\Alexander\Desktop\Trillian.lnk" del "D:\Alexander\Desktop\Trillian.lnk"

copy /Y "%AllUsersProfile%\Startm~1\Programme\Internet\Trillian Pro 3.lnk" "%USERPROFILE%\Startm~1\Programme\Autostart\"

Now please take a look at what happened to the variable "%Userprofile%" during installation in Wihu: see pic !

As you can see, the variable will be resolved as "Default User" instead of "Alexander". Why´s that ?

I am having this problem with 5 of my programs that I install. The rest installs fine. Is this a problem in Wihu or some other problem ? I wouldn´t know where else to look for that though ... :o

Thanks for your help !

Alex

are you calling WIHU from GuiRunOnce?
Hi Benjamin,

no, from RunOnceEx like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\051 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Setup\Wihu\wihu.exe /INI=%ini2% /beep=4 /NoCancel /NoRestartChange" /f

where %ini2% = a different ini depending on the existance of a special file.

Btw. just use %ThisProfile% and %ThisUser% so far ... it's also possible!

MHh, I would like to avoid that because sometimes I am calling this cmd outside of Wihu too ...

Thanks for testing this ...

The strange thing with this error is that it works fine with all other installations, just with 5 (out of 50) this happens (and it is always the same 5 that do not work)-

Bye,

Alex

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for the new version, I downloaded it a few hours ago and already used it in a Windows installation in VMWare.

Unfortunately, this version is a bit buggy :)

I made a few screenshots and added them iso you can see what I am taking about. Sorry for the quality, I had to reduce the a lot so I could upload them.

1. Screenshot1 and 2:

The drive formatting feature has a problem now. Used to work fine in earlier versions but now it does not detect the drive anymore. If I point it to the relevant drive (D) then it works but this question comes up 4 times (once for each redirected folder)

2. Screenshot 3:

I have the following in my ini:

[Users]
Home=%PERSONAL%

[Environment]

Personal=D:\%ThisUser%

Yet, as you can see in the screenshot, the user Alexander which I created in Wihu has the standard homedrive/homepath values. This bug has been in Wihu at least 3 times before, then I remind you, you fix it and a few versions later it happens again

:whistle:

3. Screenshot 4 and 5:

There is a new folder on C: after installation called DUSERPROFILE%. Contents of this folder is on screenshot 4.

4. The bug I mentioned here is still there too. Don´t know if you fixed that yet or not.

As for the issue mentioned in the topic of this thread, I cannot say if it is fixed or not because this issue happened only with software I don´t have on my unattended DVD so I would need to do a real installation on my system to find out if this is fixed. I will do that but first I would like to wait until the other bugs are fixed if you have the time :-)

Sorry for busting your weekend with this :lol:

Bye,

Alex

Edited by midiboy