How to make Oemlogo.bmp transparent ?

Hi

I'm trying to make an unattended copy of windows XP SP2 ... and i want to make it with OEM info and logo ... my problem is : when i browsed : unattended.msfn.org : iv read :"Create a new image with a pixel size of 180x114 (width x height), customize your logo to how you would want it to look, then save it as oemlogo.bmp. Its a good idea to keep it transparent so it blends into the color of the System Properties window!"

http://unattended.msfn.org/advanced/cosmetics/oeminfo.htm

My question is : i know that png and gif only support transparent bakground ... so how to make a bitmap ( bmp ) with transparent pakground to make my oemlogo blend into the color of system properties ? :wacko:

***MasterMind***

Why you create new topic?

Just 2-3 titles below - oemlogo.bmp

Come to page 6 and read. If you still do not know what to do, ask there.

First of all you should to search before you ask, maybe your problem is solved and you need just to read.

to make the oemlogo transparent u can do it one of two ways.

the first is to create a 256 color bitmap and use magic pink ( 255,0,255 ), if u choose this way then you need to make sure that the first and last pixels are that colour eg 80x80 bmp 0,0 and 80,80 have to be magic pink.

the other way is to create a 32bit bmp. this is alot more tricky todo as u need a program like adobe photoshop or Jasc Paintshop Pro.

im sure someone will give you a detailed explanation of the 32bit bitmap process.

hope that helps.

stasys44

I v al ready dun a searsh before making topic but all what i v found is how to place the oem logo and not to make it transparent !

ScubaSteve

Thank's alot for your help ... it work just fine !

Wesmosis

Hi man min XP CD is know in final steps ... thank's for having recomanding msfn to me !

yo what a friend for, man! :thumbup

I'm glad that you made a real good steps in the UAXPSP2 CD via MSFN.org, so what about the Office 2003 sp1 , you solved the French thing yet? :whistle:

Edited by Wesmosis

ok i use this small trick...

maybe a little stupid, but works for me...

heres a how-to:

goto system properties by pressing [Windows Key] + [Pause] (same as right-clicking on My Computer and pressing Properties)...

now do a Print Screen...

go to your image editing Program ( I use Paint.NET )...

then simply paste the screenshot...

Using the Color Picker, click on the place surrounding the oemlogo.bmp...

thats the color your background would be it the pic was transparent...

now simply delete the picture and reduce the image/canvas size to the required dimensions and use the paint bucket to fill the small area with the required color...

now if you want to write something, use the text tool and do that, or if you have a transparent pic, simply paste it over this...

now when you goto System Properties and see the pic, you wont notice the background...

heres an example :

try6tt.jpg

hi Wesmosis : yes the office2003 SP1 french is ready ; shrinked and automated install is ok ! the hole cd almost ready ...

i have just to thing to solve :

the transparent color in oemlogo : yes the ScubaSteve method work fine but the result is'nt so beautiful : there is some purpule border in the logo .... :(

exempl.gif

I know ther is an other solution for 32b BMP file ... i m wating for some help !

cyanide : your solution is so limeted that if the user change his théme setting the result will be not so fine !! :no:

• 1 year later...

Please any one can describe the process to make a 32bit or 24bit transparent OEMLOGO (BMP FILE) using photoshop or using other software.

I make a transparent bmp in 256 colour, but it do not seems good. I also tried snagIT But, Guy - who give this snagit suggestion, it's not working snagit works only on GIF file not BMP.

So please help to to create a 32b transparent BMP file, How can i do that? :blushing:

ive recently just started using Paint Express for my 32bit bitmaps and it works perfectly :D

Iyou said that you successfully created a 32bit transparent bmp file using paint express or similar soft.

So, Can you please help me how could it be done?

I also want to create a 32bit transparent bmp file.

make a transparent image file having .png extension.

Open this file in Windows Picture and Fax View in Windows XP and use the save button (at bottom row)

and select the save as type to BMP and use the BITMAP file

Its working 100% Tested!