iPod shuffle Trouble

gamehead200

I own an iPod shuffle and a 3G 20GB iPod. Lately, every time I plug my iPod shuffle into any USB port on my Windows machine, nothing happens. All the shuffle does is blink its green light over and over again and that's it... You can see the occasional orange light, but that's it.

The 20GB iPod, on the other hand, works just fine, as it is plugged into my Firewire port. I also own an Apple iBook G4, so therefore plugged my shuffle into it and it seems to work just fine!!

What can Windows be doing wrong? Every single USB port I use doesn't seem to work... I've uninstalled all the USB ports/drivers/etc and reinstalled them...

Anyone? :} This is really kind of annoying as I have all my music on my Windows machine, and it seems stupid to transfer it all to my iBook when I want to update my shuffle... :wacko:

Maybe windows is loading the wrong driver. Open your dm with the device out then pkug it in and see what changes. If nothing does force a refresh.

Have you tried switching the usb 2 ports to 1 and/or reverse. Use the bios to do this.

Maybe windows is loading the wrong driver. Open your dm with the device out then pkug it in and see what changes. If nothing does force a refresh.

Have you tried switching the usb 2 ports to 1 and/or reverse. Use the bios to do this.

Hmmm... Interesting... Maybe if I disable them completely?

I'm pretty sure its a driver problem because when I plug my shuffle in then turn on my computer, it charges fine (orange light, on and off), then when Windows loads, it stops... :}

I'll try it tomorrow! ;)

OK guys...

http://www.mikesoares.com/other/DSCN0017.MOV

Sometimes it does that, sometimes it just flashes green.

I've tried everything:

- disabling the USB controllers in the BIOS

- uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes, iPod Software, iPod Updater

- uninstalling/reinstalling USB controllers in Windows

- restarting the computer

- restoring my iPod using my iBook (shuffle formatted FAT32)

- using different USB ports

- etc...

This is really starting to p*** me off... :wacko:

Are you pluging that into a hub? If it does list something id device manger click on it to get properties then gpt driver driver details button. If there is special driver files dlete the device entry again and also delete these files. ONly do this if they are special not some kind of other drivers you also use like mass storage.