Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
techguy21801

Win 95 Upgrade Disks

11 posts in this topic

ok i have a set of win 95 upgrade diskettes for win 3.1 . and i want to make a backup copy of these. but i can not do such a thing because for some reason the disks are special in being that they can hole 1.70mb instead of the normal 1.44. is there anything i can do to make this work? :)

i had a mate of mine burn them to cd.. dun ask me how :)

Why would you want win95?

ermm.. maybe the ppl that cannot afford a new computer or have low pc specs.. :)

no my systems are fine, i have a friend which has a old at&t laptop w/ 3.1 on it and all it has is a floppy drive so he wants to upgrade it to 95 just for fun, there's nothing wrong with 95 or 3.1

Tell your friend to run Linux on it....the thing will run like a champ....now i wonder how the compatability would be....

=Drew

youcant copy them normally cause they are DMF format and thats a MS format for floppies hehe you need some kind of DMF copyer or formatter

youcant copy them normally cause they are DMF format and thats a MS format  for floppies hehe you need some kind of DMF copyer or formatter

WinImage does that and much more John0877. Give it a try. It will even span diskettes across CDs :)