Best MP3 Mass Renaming App?

ringfinger

ID3-TagIT

You will love this program. What I love the most about it is how it can get information from the FreeDB CD, either by filename size or manually searching. I love it.

The only thing I wish it had were more support for different file types. But, if you want mp3 renaming, look no further!

I use Tag&Rename since I got mp3s, easy to use, works with batch, you can save your custom rules for mp3 "understanding" of the file name and all is done with variable... %1 = artist %2 = title etc. So whenever I get an untagged mp3 that looks like this 06.Slayer--Angel_of_Death - Compilation_tgm.mp3, I can easily tag the entire album in less than 2 seconds by telling the program to scan it using %6.%1--%2 - %3-%9 and everything is ok, even the rippers initials go in the comments tag.

And I heard the next release will have de cddb support too.... Just went to the website, this is not infopub but just copy paste for the lazy ones out here

Supports

. mp3 - ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.2 and ID3v2.4tags

. mpc, mp+, monkey’s audio, wav pack,

optim frog - APE tags, APEv2 tags

. Windows Media (wma, asf and wmv files)

. ogg, flac - vorbis comment tags

. Apple iTunes aac (m4a and m4p) and mp4 files

ALSO

Tag&Rename supports many additional tag fields including lyrics, cover art, rating, mood, disc #, classical music fields (Composer, Conductor, etc.), file related URL's and so on. With Tag&Rename, you can

automatically fix and complete file tags using online freedb database,

load titles and cover art from amazon.com server,

get tags data from file names and its folders

structures,

rename your music files and folders according to its music information in a batch,

create play lists,

export files information to CSV, HTML, XML and text formats and more.

For all those reasons, I never tried another tagging program. But it's an interesting topic and will definitely try the free MP3Tag and all the others submited here!