Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

What if Google disappeard?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: What if all of Google's services just vanish or become paid? All services including Search, Gmail, Talk, etc. (114 member(s) have cast votes)

What if all of Google's services just vanish or become paid? All services including Search, Gmail, Talk, etc.

1. No it cant happen i'll be handicapped. (49 votes [46.23%])

Percentage of vote: 46.23%

2. Well there's always something else, life goes on. (53 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. I am living without them now. (4 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

phoenix_nf

phoenix_nf

MSFN Addict!!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Just the thought of it scares me. I guess i'm relying too much on Google :( .
The "POWER" to change.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
Votes seem to suggest that all voters are on the same side. :)
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

xtremexxx

xtremexxx

MSFN Addict

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
**** right ! Google POWER !
"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers..."
- Homer Simpson

HybridShadow

HybridShadow

• PipPip
  • 236 posts
Power, Brains, Internet, Dominance ,Heart. Go Google, with its powers combined it will rule the world, the power is theirs, lol
(BTW rip off from the Captain Planet theme song)

I couldnt imagine it, i would have to use GASP Msn search (not that bad i guess, but google rules) I Despise yahoo

redder

redder

RedSheep

• PipPip
  • 232 posts
Google sUx... Yahoo r0x!!!

ironfist241

ironfist241

• 36 posts
guess msn search isnt too bad...

Andromeda43

Andromeda43

Retired PC Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
Before Google, we searched and searched and didn't know we were ever missing anything. There was a whole gang of Search Engines and we always seemed to find what we were looking for. At least I did!

Like they used to tell us in the Army, "no-one is indispensable."

If Google went away today, by tomorrow there would be another search engine ready and willing to step up and take up the slack.

Don't get me wrong though,,,,I use Google and share it with all my customers.
But if it just went away, I'd use something else.

Happy Browsing,
Andromeda43 B)
A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

Martin L

Martin L

我叫马丁

• Patrons
  • 2,563 posts

Google sUx... Yahoo r0x!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice unbased comment you make there.... next time your reply something, reply something contributing to the post... :angry:

wizardofwindows

wizardofwindows

Wizard of Windows

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
:hello: i lived without google since win 95 ,back then there was a bevy of search engines and like the posts above i always found what i needed,true google is the choice of today everyone remembers google mass exposure a catch phase now google it.but i dont use gmail gtalk etc so i could live without itand besides theres many aleratives and msn search is vastly improving.

army20

army20

MCSA, MCDST, MCTS (vista), A+ (2003)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
Google is my front door to the internet

slimzky

slimzky

Self-Taught Geek

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
google is my home page...
Posted Image

Jeremy

Jeremy

Casual Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
If not Google than Yahoo or something else. Lots of other search engines to give you practically the same results.

phoenix_nf

phoenix_nf

MSFN Addict!!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
yup, there are others, but well they are not as effective as Google. Besides going back to the past search engines is like swaping a BMW for a BMX for riding on a highway.
The "POWER" to change.

ringfinger

ringfinger

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
Google is the cream of the crop of search engines for me. I've tried em all, but resolve to Google for anything I need to know now from spelling woes to space travel. Fast, realiable, up to date, not cluttered. Google is king!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Press any key

Press any key

:Boldly Going Nowhere:.

• PipPip
  • 210 posts
Google is the best at present because of their smart Linux hacks and servers from any PC shop. (That's what they say ..)

I used to used AltaVista (which is now owned by Yahoo!) before Google, so would probably go back to that.

See also ..

Should Steve Ballmer make a hostile take-over of Google?

http://www.msfn.org/...=0

Posted Image

.:: Posted Image ::.

ripken204

ripken204

The Hardware Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts
we NEED google, i use it at least 5 times a day

Desktop: || lappped Q6700 w/ lapped TRUE || ASUS P5Q Deluxe|| Sapphire 4870 1GB || Mushkin Ascent XP2-8500 (2x2GB) || 2 x WD6400AAKS || Corsair HX620W || Lian-Li PC-60FB || 2 x BenQ G2400WD || Vista Ultimate 64bit || Samsung SH-S223Q || Logitech MX518 || Logitech Ultra-X || SteelSeries SX || Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 || ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe ||
Server: || E5200 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 || ASUS P5Q-EM || EVGA 8800GTS G92 w/ Accelero S1 R2 || G.SKILL 6400 2x2GB || 1 x WD6400AAKS || 4 x 1TB Samsung F1 || SeaSonic M12II SS-500GM || Antec Three Hundred || Samsung SH-203BL || Ubuntu 8.10 ||

ringfinger

ringfinger

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

we NEED google, i use it at least 5 times a day

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, I use Google Suggest probably 30-40 times a day at least for everything. I would just walk around in the streets day and night not knowing what to do if Google didn't exist! LOL :wacko:

mark

mark

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
I use Google primarily but fall back to www.vivisimo.com occasionally. I like the way it tries to catagorize the different results.

DL

Posted Image

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts

fall back to www.vivisimo.com occasionally. I like the way it tries to catagorize the different results.

True, this search engine by them, uses the same engine (vivisimo) & created lot of hype when it launched - http://clusty.com/
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

peter phillips

peter phillips

• 10 posts
Google is by far the most superior than other search engines. If not google then there are others like yahoo and msn who are not far behind.

Matt_

Matt_

Movie Editor

• Pip
  • 92 posts
I peed my paints just thinking about it.
I'm Rick James

sonu27

sonu27

Panjabi By Nature

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
I broke the dead-lock. :lol:

All hell would break...

anfernee

anfernee

• 21 posts
i will use yahoo instead
wahahha

HyperHacker

HyperHacker

Just plain nuts

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

I broke the dead-lock. :lol:

Fixed. ;) I'd miss Google's awesomeness but there are other decent search engines. Though I'd have to change my email address. :(
[insert something funny here]

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
it would suck if google got shutdown, Well there's always something else, life goes on.

Desktop: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz || G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 2133 || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD || 640gb WD SATA HDD || Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Corsair TX650M || ASUS 24X SATA DVD Burner || Fractal Designs Arc Midi || Windows 7 64-bit 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN