Maxtor 40gb 2mb Cache 7200rpm

€ 49,69 ($ 62,39 )

MSI FX5200-TD128

€ 50,00 ($ 62,78 )

CDRom LG 52X OEM WHITE

€ 16,04 ($ 20,14 )

Total

€ 685 ($ 860,40 )

I've put this config together myself, I'm not sure if it's good, but I guess you guys will be able to tell me that... the hdd, the cd-rom and the graphic card, I already have, so I'm sure putting those in, but you might give your comment on the rest...

I chose AMD 'cause I heard it's the best, but I'm not a gamer, so maybe Intel is a better option? I don't know...

Thx in advance guys...

Edited by scuzzy47

The problem is, I buy everything from someone who gets it pretty cheap, he puts it together, so my choice is limited, I'll give you his site, it's the following:EBizzpc

It's dutch, but all the terms needed are english, so maybe you can check this and give me my options, and it should be around 685 euro (the hdd, cd-rom and graphic card I already have, included) ... Owh and I don't know what PSU he'll be putting in, he only told me that for that config, I needed a 500Watt...

Well, for the moment I'm running a system with 1.8ghz (amd athlon 2200+ xp), so I was taking a amd athlon 3500 because of the difference, I read that a 3200 gives 2ghz and a 3500 gives 2.2ghz... So buying a 3200 would give me a plus of 0.2ghz, is that worth upgrading?? Or is it actually more than 0.2ghz?

And the memory is pretty expensive, does it really matter if I buy that, or something cheaper?

Don't think I don't like your help, I really do, I just wanting to know more about the differences...

I'm not planning to overclock no, so I'll keep it cheap, my current setup costed me 385 euro but every once in a while he hangs or shuts down, due to the heat I guess, and he's not able to run photoshop smoothly, so I'm in the need for an update, just asked here, to make sure...

Thanx for your quick replies!!!

Grtz

Well, I mostly play movies on it (to watch on tv) and I do a lot of editing, html, photos, movies and stuff, but I've never had any problems with my current setup, till a few months ago, when I put more ram in it, without putting an extra (or bigger) fan in it, so I guess, that's the problem that causes my pc to shut down..

I'll prolly go for amd, just because of the good experience, I heard that price/quality, amd beats intel by far....

But you can share your opinion on this, so I learn stuff :)