Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC6.2
Well... it is finally here! Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC6.2
PowerPacker will help a user create a Multiboot Windows XP disk with or without DriverPacks. It will do almost everything for you, even hex edit the files needed to be hexed, create the boot directory, boot menu, etc. It makes creating multiboot XP disks a breeze.
This program was made with the BTS DriverPacks in mind. Basically it does just about everything you need to do to add a windows XP load to your MultiBoot Disk.
It will gather the needed files from your source XP CD and put them into a directory you specify. It will grab the DriverPack Files and install them. It will create a boot directory for your load and even hex edit the files that need to be HEXED to allow you to boot to it. It will put the needed info into the boot list so you can select your XP load. It makes testing the DriverPacks very easy!!!
Fixed in this release:
1. Fixed issue with Extra Root Files and Extra Pack Files not keeping the settings correctly in the ini file. (Not sure how this bug slipped into this version.)
2. Because of the settings not being saved to the ini file correctly the Extra Pack Files and Extra Root files were not being copied over to the destination.
3. The Tri-Pack and the Custom Name Pack checkboxes were not functioning correctly when first opening the gui.
1. Fixed Screwup I made with the Main Window. It was only a minor bug... but it's fixed now.
v1.0 RC6 - 09-06-05
1. New File Menu that you can find at the top left of the main window. I got rid of the Help and About buttons and put them in the File Menu. Now all of the Options (CheckBoxes) will be found in File>Properties (Except the Custom Pack Name and Tri-Pack checkboxes).
2. I got rid of the ugly picture that was on the right side that made you have to tilt your head and squint your eyes to read it! LOL! I made a new picture and placed it at the top.
3. I have also added an UnDocumented option that you can add to your ini file. This custom option will allow you to tell the Windows XP PowerPacker to do the nesissary things to create a Windows 2003 Pack. But I am gonna leave this at that. I am not going to put any checkbox/option or anything in the gui itself to do this because this is Windows XP PowerPacker and it is not meant to pack Windows 2003 ... Yet. But I am going to begin coding Windows PowerPacker (Instead of Windows XP PowerPacker) soon after Windows XP PowerPacker goes v1.0 Final. Just think of this as a sneak peak into Windows PowerPacker.
To use this new Custom Option all you need to do is add this to your ini file:[Win2k3Version] 2k3Version=The 2k3Version must = L, D, S, A or B.
Any of these letters will do the exact same thing (For now)... but they represent the Windows 2003 IDENT files...
WIN51IL = Small Business server 2003
WIN51ID = Data Center Server 2003
WIN51IA = Enterprise Server 2003
WIN51IS = Standard Server 2003
WIN51IB = Web Server 2003
Please post bugs and requests in this thread... and be nice... this is my first Public App!
Default Boot Screen
Download/Rate Windows XP PowerPacker HERE ONLINE @ BetaNews.com
Or download it from these mirrors:
HERE ONLINE Thanks to my server for this mirror.
Mirror 2 ONLINE Thanks to Telenut for this mirror!
Mirror 3 ONLINE Thanks to Moesasji for this mirror!
Mirror 4 ONLINE Thanks to UnO for this mirror!
P.S. Please check out Windows XP PowerPacker's spot at BetaNews.com
Give it a rating and place a comment if you get a chance. Thanks everybody!
Looks like Windows XP PowerPacker is becoming very popular! Check out google to see what I am talking about.
Search: Windows XP PowerPacker on GOOGLE.com
Edited by Siginet, 07 September 2005 - 02:48 PM.