Laptop goes to sleep during RunOnceEx

I recently performed a disc based unattended on a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. Everything was going just ducky until RunOnceEx. I run so scripts at this time that take a very long time to complete. It's not uncommon for my first round of RunOnceEx scripts to last over an hour. Well the darn thing went to "sleep". Luckily this happened during an AutoIt script and when the laptop was turned back on it was right at the same spot. The AutoIt script had to be ditched in favor of manually going through the remaining steps of that stage, but it all worked out.

The problem is that this obviously removed a great deal of the "unattendedness" of the install. I'm unable to get my hands back on this unit to tinker around and fix the issue myself. Further, I can't seem to recreate the problem with anything I can get my hands on.

So I'm curious.. is it possible to change the power settings with a registry import at cmdlines.txt and then change them back again with another registry import as one of the final steps of the install? Like I said, I'm unable to sit down and hammer this one out because I don't have the hardware to do it. Just wondering if someone else has already tackled this issue.

I don't have an answer for you, although I am interested in knowing what you may turn up.

Just thought I would point out that you should still be able to test even without having access to that machine. As far as I know all Windows-based machines run power-saving settings of some kind, it is just that laptops have stricter settings due to the fact that they are running on a battery.

If you can edit the settings for your test machine, it stands to reason that you would be able to do it on the laptop system that you mentioned as well.