a couple of Noob question

1.) Do you have to create a folder for $OEM$ distribution?

2.) Can find winnt.sif do u I have to create one? how?

3.) In RunOnceEx can't seemed to understand the commands. Can u pls post all the available commands & what they signify?

I already read that link the problem is that it doesn't tell me where it is located somewhere or whether I should create the files & folders!!!

I already made search 4 $oem$ & winnt.sif in my xp directory & did come up with anything!

Edited by kris2pe

1) Yes, anything placed in this folder will be coppied over to your system

2) When you create your first unatteded file it will be called unattended.txt, you have to change this to winnt.sif and then place this file within the I386 folder.

3) As rob325 says, go to the website where there's a fantastic guide to look through and learn from.

Edited by orion2

Just a minor correction. Anything in $OEM$ is not copied to your hard drive unless you have OemPreinstall = Yes under the [unattended] section of Unattend.txt or winnt.sif.

And no, the $OEM$ folder is not required for your CD to work correctly. It is required however for many, many of the customizations found in the above linked guide.

Get deploy.cab from here and use WinRAR or something similar to extract the files to your hard drive. You will find something called setupmgr.exe. Use that to create an unattended installation file that will at first be called unattend.txt. Then you'll have to rename it like orion2 said.

Can't help you with #3. I would imagine that regular DOS commands would work there.

Edited by Asin