Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

Well I did a quick test (without repacking or anyhting) and it worked without a problem. The only program offered to install was the one I had set to include. The rest of the programs were simply not offered in the list anymore.

UPDATE: Just to let you know that i have now figured it out not really sure where i went wrong but instead of extracting the original nero package i just opened it up in winrar and navigated to the conf.txt file and double-clicked on it and open in notepad edit the file as above and saved it and closed notepad and winrar now asks to save modified file selected yes waited a couple of minutes or so and then edited the archive comments to include the serial and silent switches and hey presto! it worked!

How exactly did you add the serial and switches?.....thanks

I opened the nero archive in winrar then clicked on command>add archive comment a new window opens to display the current comments and then added my switches like so:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setupx.exe /qb /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 7 Demo

Hope that helps :)

I opened the nero archive in winrar then clicked on command>add archive comment a new window opens to display the current comments and then added my switches like so:

Setup=setupx.exe /qb /norestart SERIALNUM_USERVAL="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 7 Demo

Hope that helps :)

Thanks....I tried the same thing before I got your response and it didn't work....I'll try again...maybe I missed something

as far as i read, is just custom installing. not stripping.

but hey, is great to install custom apps form a bloated package like nero.

i use nero lite released by other member but im going to give this a try later today. thanks.

Hello All,

After you change the config file, and add the archive, how would you write it out in RunOnceEx?

Would it look like this?

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Nero Ultra 7" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\apps\nero 7\register.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\apps\Nero 7\Nero.exe /silent /noreboot" /f

register.reg =

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info]

"User"="Username"

"Company"="Companyname"

"Serial7"="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

-Semper Fi

gyrene2083

first off you could modify your archive comments through winrar to something like this:

TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 7 Demo

That will make the installer completely silent and no need for additional switches on the command line

plus i dont think /silent is a valid switch anyway but i may be wrong, i use /qb that works ok for me

your RunOnceEx.cmd would then look something like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Nero-7.2.3.2b" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Install\Nero-7.2.3.2b_eng_no_yt.exe" /f

Edited by ironside

Works perfect!!! (Norwegian Nero Premium) Thanks

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Nero 7 Demo