BartPE + XPE Plugin

Scubar

hi

i am new to PE cds and i am using BartPE to build one. i know this is a WinPE Forum but ive seen many ppl make them with BartPE. i am using the XPE plugin to make it so that i have the explorer shell. i have followed the guide ( rather shoddy imho) to try and make it it built all well and fine but once i burnt it to disk and went to test it i got a few errors.

it boots up and loads the desktop wallpaper then loads the XPlogon and AutoRamresizer. then it gives me these errors.

they were

XPERunOnce

Error while executing : browseui.dll

Error while executing : shdocvw.dll

Error while executing : urlmon.dll

it then gives these msgs

Windows Update

An error has occured while setting up "browseui.dll". This error has been logged. installation will continue.

An error has occured while setting up "shdocvw.dll". This error has been logged. installation will continue.

An error has occured while setting up "urlmon.dll". This error has been logged. installation will continue.

after that it tries to load the explorer start menu and taskbar but it just vanishes again and i cant load it from the task manager.

i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a much clearer guide on how to build the cd with the xpe plugin.

also when i looked at the iso when it finished building it was an astonishing 480mb and thats with just Nu2menu and Xpe plugin, nothing else. which i think is way to large for what it should be.

any help or guides that are clearer than the one on the XPE plugin site.

also ive had a look around for guides on how i can install it to HDD for testing but i cant seem to find any that are actually decent and understandable. so if someone could maybe point me out there too.

many thanks

Edited by ScubaSteve

i still suggest you try ubcd4win the newest version is sweet 2.55

heres one of my latest works

id rather not use xpe plugin my self because

1 its fairly complicated to setup

2. you sacrific load up time

3 it crashes from time to time

but these are just my thoughts, im just trying to help

plus if you want a xp styled theme youd still have to use window blinds plugins

just wondering what Shell you are using for it. because when i last looked on the ubcd4win site it was using Nu2Menu start menu still which isnt what i want. i would ideally like to have the full explorer shell start menu in classic theme.

just wondering what Shell you are using for it. because when i last looked on the ubcd4win site it was using Nu2Menu start menu still which isnt what i want. i would ideally like to have the full explorer shell start menu in classic theme.

well its still nu2menu but its a tweaked plug in to give the taskbar a xp feel but no it wont give you the classic start menu feel, but it is getting better :)

once again just a suggestion to give other options

no worries m8 :)

btw,, im sure what your trying to build is a windows xp live version,, it would do everything of what you ask

Edited by Lost Soul

yes i am trying to build a live xp cd so that it can dualboot with my UA Xp and give the option. instead of it being XPE its XPRE XP Recovery Environment which im going to pack loads of useful tools along with things like nero. winamp, vlc

• 2 months later...

i have gotten the same errors

XPERunOnce

Error while executing : browseui.dll

Error while executing : shdocvw.dll

Error while executing : urlmon.dll

all i had to do to fix mine was enable the

RAMDisk [QSoft] plugin in pebuilder

any time i had it disabled i got those errors even when i had autoramsizer enabled