Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

DirectShow FilterPack

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
Btw, I do have a question to all of you who use my little package.

I noticed that the RadLight OGG Splitter 1.0.0.2 (13022005) has a minor issue rendering Vorbis Audio at the very beginning of a OGG-file. I encoded some test material (one song encoded with some different quality settings/bitrates), and I noticed songs were being rendered like a fraction of a second upto half a second the song too short at the very beginning (**** my english sucks :()
I'm trying to say, the song isn't played at the beginning (00:00,00), but starts at 00:00,50 for instance or something. This issue only concerns the one from RadLight, the one from Gabest works fine, but this one doesn't support splitting THEORA. Now I wonder, how many people acctually do have THEORA video files?
So it's either:
-RadLight with it's playback issue at the beginning or;
-Gabest with no THEORA support

I would say Gabest, since I've never even seen one THEORA file on the internet (except the Lego Movie test sample :P), what do you say?
Posted Image
My website
DirectShow FilterPack - "lite-weight package of DirectShow media filters"

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
[quote name='CoRoNe' date='Dec 1 2005, 04:15 PM' post='428186']
[quote=readme][FFDShow Configuration]
lots of info...
[/quote]

Thx Corone! Going to try your set :thumbup

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
Another Question:

I've just installed + configured DSFP & FFDshow the way you do, BUT I can't play my ".mp4" files anymore.
Can you tell me what I have to change in the FFDShow config in order to make it work again?

I also don't get any sound with my ".mp4" files...

Edited by Skillz, 05 December 2005 - 05:19 AM.

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04

AUDIO

Source			Splitter					 Decoder				  Renderer
MP4/M4A		-> Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer -> ffdshow Audio Decoder -> Audio Renderer

As you can see, the Elecard filter needs to be registered and with the FFDShow Audio Decoder, AAC need to be enabled either with libfaac2 or realaac in the codecs tab.

I just discovered I completely forgot to mention in the readme that my package is for WinXP only, since most of the filters are too. (the updated filters with the latest release are all unicode releases)

(what the hell is this, from the latest paragraph I wanted to make a single post, but everytime it get's inserted in this post!?!)

Edited by CoRoNe, 05 December 2005 - 07:09 AM.

Posted Image
My website

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
"As you can see, the Elecard filter needs to be registered and with the FFDShow Audio Decoder, AAC need to be enabled either with libfaac2 or realaac in the codecs tab."

@ECHO OFF
TITLE DirectShow FilterPack 1.9 - Install
ECHO Installing DirectShow Filters:
ECHO.
ECHO AUDIO
ECHO.
ECHO Tom Judd AAC Parser Filter 1.1.0 (25112003)
REGSVR32.EXE /s "Audio\AAC Parser Filter\AAC_Parser.ax"
ECHO.
ECHO VIDEO
ECHO.
ECHO Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer 1.4.2.51012 (31102005)
REGSVR32.EXE /s "Video\MP4 Splitter\emp4demux.ax"

So aren't those filters allready registered with your "DSFP_inst.bat" file?
And I did configure AAC with the "libfaac2" option, I'll try the other option.

Update: Realaac also doesn't work...

The .Mp4 files are created with Nero Recode.

Edited by Skillz, 05 December 2005 - 08:04 AM.

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04

So aren't those filters allready registered with your "DSFP_inst.bat" file?

That's right. So now you should be able to render your MP4 files.
Do you have a link to one of those MP4 files so that I can test them too?
Posted Image
My website

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
That's what i figured, but still nothing...

Tried to play it in MPC 6.4.8.2 and WMP10.

Ik heb geen ruimte op het web, maar misschien kan ik het naar je meelen?

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
Check PM
Posted Image
My website

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05

Check PM

Check Yours :)

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
:( Well, I just put my fresh clean copy of Windows XP on my laptop, installed FFDShow 29-11-2005, QT Alt 1.66, and the DSFP 1.9, but I still can't get the .mp4 files to work.

MPC error: Cannot load any source filter
WMP10 also gives an error.

I wish I knew what I'm doing wrong, but for now DSFP is a no go...

Do I have to configure something in the MPC filter settings?
I've had everything (un- and) checked...

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
Well, this is really weird...
In MPC make sure you unticked "MP4" in the Source Filters column on the Filters tab.
Furthermore:
[Test Files]
If you have installed everything correctly, and you'd like to test if everything works, you can take a look at the following links below, where you will find some sample files I've found.
-MP4 [MP4V + AAC]:										(7.36MB)
http://daci.digitalsystems.cs.tut.fi/videos/daci_mpeg4_sp_cbr/walk_pal_cbr_4004k_25fps_daci4sp_aac.mp4
You can try this one as it's the same kinda video you PMed me (same audio and video part)
Posted Image

And afaik this splitter doesn't need additional files unlike the OGG Splitter for instance which needs the Microsoft C Runtime Library (msvcr71.dll) to function properly.
Have you already checked whether the Elecard splitter is even registered? I included the DirectShow Filter Manager in my package. There the Elecard splitter should be listed.
Posted Image
My website

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05

Well, this is really weird...
In MPC make sure you unticked "MP4" in the Source Filters column on the Filters tab.
Furthermore:

[Test Files]
If you have installed everything correctly, and you'd like to test if everything works, you can take a look at the following links below, where you will find some sample files I've found.
-MP4 [MP4V + AAC]:										(7.36MB)
http://daci.digitalsystems.cs.tut.fi/videos/daci_mpeg4_sp_cbr/walk_pal_cbr_4004k_25fps_daci4sp_aac.mp4
You can try this one as it's the same kinda video you PMed me (same audio and video part)
Posted Image

And afaik this splitter doesn't need additional files unlike the OGG Splitter for instance which needs the Microsoft C Runtime Library (msvcr71.dll) to function properly.
Have you already checked whether the Elecard splitter is even registered? I included the DirectShow Filter Manager in my package. There the Elecard splitter should be listed.

Yes it's listed in the DS Filter Manager and your sample also doesn't work. MP4 is unticked in the source filters column of MPC. It's bugging the hell out of me that it isn't working :}

When I start the .mp4 there's absolutely nothing listed in the "filter" menu option (greyed out) in MPC. (when you right-click in the movie window)

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
With all my updates, I've tested a lot of different decoders. Everytime instal,uninstal,register,unregister. Somehow my system became pretty messy by doing this all the time, and suddenly I too couldn't split MP4 files anymore. A format fixed this for me, but like you said you're working now on a fresh Windows install...I acctually don't know what to make of this at the moment :unsure:
Posted Image
My website

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
Is there maybe a certain way I have to install the Filter(s)/Pack?

This is the order I use:

1. FFDShow.
2. QT Alt.
3. Real Alt.
4. DSFP.

I Will try the install on another clean installed pc 2day.

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
As far as I know that doesn't matter at all. I also often take this install-sequence
Posted Image
My website

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
Guess What...

On the 3rd pc with a fresh XP install...it actually works... :wacko:

At least that's good news for you Corone, seems your pack is :thumbup

I did the install in another order tho:

1. QT Alt.
2. Real Alt.
3. DSFP
4. FFDShow

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
Haha, that's good to hear! :)
Still I'm convinced it shouldn't matter what install-sequence you take.
Posted Image
My website

Skillz

Skillz

• 19 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
Well, finally got the .mp4's working on my notebook :)

But... when I check the Filters option in MPC the "Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer isn't listed???"
It is listed in de DirectShow Filter Manager tho.

Oh well, at least this is keeping me off the streets :D

Edit:

Hmmm....

After installing FFDShow (with just DivX/XviD checked in the install), QT Alt and Real Alt, I'm able to SEE the .MP4 files, just no sound yet...

When I check in MPC which filter is being used, it's "ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder" (FFV1?)

Now I'll install your DSFP 1.9 pack and configure FFDShow and see what happens...

Edited by Skillz, 08 December 2005 - 08:42 AM.

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
FFV1? :blink:
After some research (I've never heared about it) I found:

ffmpeg project[/url].

I've never encountered this type of media, so I don't know in what kind of container you will face these files, and I very much doubt it has anything to do with the MP4 Splitter;

The Elecard MP4 Demultiplexer is a DirectShow filter that provides demultiplexing MPEG-4 (Intermedia Format (MP4)), 3GPP2, Quick Time 7.0 streams with MPEG-4, H.263, AVC/H.264 video streams and AAC, AMR, MP3 audio streams.

If you want to test the MP4 splitter you should try the test sample I included in the readme, or the QuickTime trailers, or just AAC Audio wrapped in a MP4 container.
Posted Image
My website

posix

posix

• 43 posts
  • Joined 08-January 06
use combined community codec pack.
it's the only, really ...
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
I'm sorry, but I guess you're in the wrong place here. the CCCP has nothing to do with my package since I don't include any codecs, and I also don't include filters with bad compatibility (like the OGG codecs from Tobias). And if you're absolutely convinced that package is the only one, you should have at least comeup with some good arguments.
Posted Image
My website

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 27-May 04
Hey Corone!
I would like to advise you to create a small website... it would be great for spreading this superb package! I think it is really neccessary...

I also have a few questions... not using your pack (yet)
I use MediaPlayerClassic. I understand the quality of ffdshow and I would like it if it could handle everything..

But, I have been able to play everything I want with just ffdshow quicktime&Real and wm10lite from tituo2k. I DO install flac decoder seperately, don't use AC3Filter because FFDshow can do the work (and in your first post you also recomend this.)
For playing mpeg2 I have been using ffdshow, at least that's what I thought.. seems I have been using Cyberlink dvd decoder for a long time because I once read this is the best software decoder for mpeg2. Can you verify this? But Cyberlink is not free... I guess if I don't have a Cyberlink player cd somewhere it is illegal to use.

So for FLAC, dvdplayback and ogg playback I do have to install something seperate.
I actually don't now about AAC or the MP3 vbr playtime bug because I use Winamp mostly for this..
But in this case your pack would be handy so that everything is already configured like it is suppose to :) (BTW I assume I do not need to configure ANYTHING? then it wouldn't be really 'silent'.)

Ape, MOD, MPC, OFR (Optimfrog): I don't use these audiotypes and I never even found one when downloading... so for these things I don't need the pack.
But I've just downloaded it and it seems to be just a piece of cake to remove these from the pack, just delete the corresponding folders & remove the lines in the install.bat file :)

Now the following:
I don't see a reason for the following:
-Gabest CDDA Source Filter 1.0.0.1 (25112005)
Filter for playback of Audio CDs
--> MPC plays them perfectly (however I use Winamp to play 99% of my music)

-Gabest CDXA Source Filter 1.0.0.1 (25112005)
Filter for playback of SVCDs and XCDs
--> For as far as I know MPC can play them just fine (ofcourse with ffdshow and a mpeg2 decoder)

-Gabest VobSub Filter 2.37 (25112005)
Adds subtitles to a video stream
(Alt+S for VobSub options in Zoom Player)
--> FFDshow can handle subtitles just fine! (and actually MPC also has good subs support, independent of ffdshow but I use ffdshow, just 1 checkbox :) )

Q:DCoder also has a Monkey Audio Source Filter, why RadLight?
A:Actually it doesn't matter which one you choose, both of them work fine.
---> I thought the whole idea is not to install things you don't need, not to install 2 things if one of them can do the job, why is RadLight APE Source Filter included if Dcoder can do this also?

Also I have a suggestion, instead of having a folder called DSFP in Program Files, wouldn't it be better if you call the folder DirectShow Filterpack? Then if one scrolls through the Explorer he won't ask himself "huh what's that strange foldername?"
Or perhaps (Directshow) Audio & Video (Decoders) or whatever that makes clear what it does :)

I hope you have some time to create a site... I have created a very easy to use installer for who wants to backup his dvdmovies (copy them)... but it is not really popular since it is hosted on Dutch forum (gathering.tweakers.net). Now I've also decided to create a site... since I have discovered a very easy to use app (Nvu.com) and nice webhost (free-webster.com).

Edited by ZileXa, 24 January 2006 - 12:44 PM.

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
(strange, I didn't get email notification for this...)

Hey Corone!
I would like to advise you to create a small website... it would be great for spreading this superb package! I think it is really neccessary...

I've already made some preparations for this, but I'm also busy with other things.

...seems I have been using Cyberlink dvd decoder for a long time because I once read this is the best software decoder for mpeg2. Can you verify this? But Cyberlink is not free... I guess if I don't have a Cyberlink player cd somewhere it is illegal to use.

Imo it is yes, and so (unlike other people who also create filter packages) I will not include any material which isn't free. Yeah well, what is "best"? Speed, quality? If you're planning on watching High Definition material it would be very usefull when your MPEG2 Decoder support DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration), but too bad no opensource filter support this. The opensource MPEG filters from Gabest are the easiest way for people to watch MPEG2 files and DVD's imo.

(BTW I assume I do not need to configure ANYTHING?)

In the readme you will find the instructions to enable some media formats in FFDShow which aren't enabled by default. And on page 3 I made a post about some handy functions of FFDShow. But concerning the filters within my package, there's nothing you have to do except hit the DSFP_inst.bat to install.

Ape, MOD, MPC, OFR (Optimfrog): I don't use these audiotypes and I never even found one when downloading... so for these things I don't need the pack.

I recently had this discussion with Fridge-Raider, and I decided that with the next version, I will release two different version; a normal version and a full version. The normal version will include basic things like MP3,OGG,etc, whereas the full version is like the package right now.

I don't see a reason for the following:
-Gabest CDDA Source Filter 1.0.0.1 (25112005)
Filter for playback of Audio CDs
--> MPC plays them perfectly (however I use Winamp to play 99% of my music)

First of all, if you play 99% of your music with WinAMP or any other plugin-based media player you don't need my package at all...
And second, you have to realise this package I didn't primarily create for MPC, but for any DirectShow media player. It's just that MPC already has many filters integrated, but that's not the case with any other DirectShow media players. I myself am using Zoom Player, which is a very advanced DirectShow based media player, but doesn't include one single filter. (otherwise I could have called it "MPC Filterpack" or something)

--> FFDshow can handle subtitles just fine!

Sure it can, but the main reason for that is that it can't detect subs inside MKV-files (just yet?).

Q:DCoder also has a Monkey Audio Source Filter, why RadLight?
A:Actually it doesn't matter which one you choose, both of them work fine.
---> I thought the whole idea is not to install things you don't need, not to install 2 things if one of them can do the job, why is RadLight APE Source Filter included if Dcoder can do this also?

Because it doesn't matter which one you choose, both of them work fine. But I just made a choise and I included the one from RadLight in my package (not both! :blink:)

Also I have a suggestion, instead of having a folder called DSFP in Program Files, wouldn't it be better if you call the folder DirectShow Filterpack? Then if one scrolls through the Explorer he won't ask himself "huh what's that strange foldername?"

Suggestion noted and stored.
Posted Image
My website

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 27-May 04
Oh thanks for the big reply!
Ok I am using the Directshow pack :)
Actually it is soo easy this pack, it is no problem it has some filters for rare filetypes, people can easily delete the folders corresponding to the filter they don't need!

The batch file will give error but not fail I think. Otherwise you could modify it by adding "IF EXIST" [foldername] THEN ... (register those filters).
And you are right it is ofcourse not MPCpack!. MPC can handle mkv + subs well so I don't use vobsub.

so perhaps it is not really neccessary to bring out 2 packs... I don't know it is your choice :)
I like Flac, use it to backup CDs (burned cds become unplayable after few years). So I personally keep that one in. I think I will therefore always download the 'full' pack and remove the folders/filters I don't want.

I will try to find out if there is a way to enable some media formats in ffdshow silently... perhaps some ini file or regsetting. I will post the result!

BTW perhaps an idea to include FFDshow in your pack?
Official ffdshow updates:
http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net > Daily Builds (sounds like alpha/beta but it lists all ffdshow releases, not just alpha/beta).

EDIT:
For people who install NERO after ffdshow/DS Filterpack, Nero's own DSfilters are registered to handle some videofiles... that's a bad thing, the quality is less, you can't modify anything and it wont play everything correctly.
So Install ffdshow/ds filterpack AFTER Nero!
Or even better, edit the Nero installer so that DSFilters (it is located in the folder Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilters and it is ~10MB) is not installed :)

Edited by ZileXa, 31 January 2006 - 03:23 PM.

CoRoNe

CoRoNe

Quality Tweaker

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 17-September 04
I'm sorry, I won't include FFDShow.
As for the Nero issue, it can be solved be a simple batch file.
Posted Image
My website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users