Should Steve Ballmer make a hostile take-over of G

Press any key

Should Steve Ballmer make a hostile take-over of Google?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Ballmer make a hostile take-over of Google?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Maybe
    • Who's Steve Ballmer
    • What sick twisted mind thought up this poll

steve_ballmer.jpg

timer.gifShould Steve Ballmer make a hostile take-over of Google?

a_tiny_right_point.gifThree times-a-day Steve Ballmer faces the direction of the Google Dome, gets down on his knees and prays that "The Blue Bird of Paradise" will fly up their Triostium perfoliatum..

Then he gets up and throws an office chair..

Now, according to Forbes, SB is worth a cool 18 billion bucks! Serious hostile take-over cash if you ask me.

All you have to do is wait for a complete Google listing .. and they're ripe for the picking.

Now, any lawyer worth his salt can get you a shelf company; there must be a few lawyers hanging around the top floor of 1 Microsoft Way.

What you need is an already listed public company so you can back door list on the stock exchange. Maybe an old run down men's clothing company or merchant bank. You need the shares fairly tightly held and try to buy back the rest while offloading some to the Pension Funds. With a couple of Pension Funds onboard, you should have about 100 billion.

Rename the old company to say, Ballmerstorming LLC, and you are ready to go. The lawyers will do the rest, for about 100 million bucks ..

a_tiny_right_point.gif And, Steve, you're problems are solved - YOU OWN GOOGLE.

smileswineglass.gif

a_tiny_right_point.gif Now promise, no more throwing office chairs around. It looks bad in the papers and upsets civilians at their breakfast!

Maybe Google should think about swallowing a poison pill. :unsure:

Don't get me wrong...I like some microsoft products, but if this happened, where would google, the "moral" computer information business be?

Microsoft isn't necessarily bad, but it's far worse, business-wise, than Google. The more independent of the ugly corporate business practices that Google stays, the better, IMHO

Don't get me wrong...I like some microsoft products, but if this happened, where would google, the "moral" computer information business be?

Microsoft isn't necessarily bad, but it's far worse, business-wise, than Google. The more independent of the ugly corporate business practices that Google stays, the better, IMHO

Agreed, Microsoft is predatory, but so is all big business. Wait a while, you'll see Google can be just as ruthless as any of them.

But let's not forget, just as prisoners-of-war are obliged to try and escape, company directors are charged (legally) with maximizing profits for shareholders..

How about this ..

So, after the VISTA release, Steve Ballmer leaves Microsoft and launches a hostile takeover of Google, through his company Centro Tech LLC, or CT for short (Ballmerstorming was just a codename.).

Steve Jobs takes Ballmer's position at Microsoft and Jim Allchin doesn't retire but replaces Jobs at Apple. {Dn'ot let Svete Jbos arheywne near the pnicirg dpet but.}

Jobs reinvigorates Microsoft and the shares rise, dramatically. Allchin takes an initial HIT at Apple but recovers when people find out how good a manager he is, and - with passion. Not to mention getting MS software ported to Apple on time, and not leaving users as second class citizens. While continuing to work with designers to release initiative Apple products.

After all, Jobs has left (or was pushed) from Apple before. Only when he was brought back did the company start to turn around. But, he still had to call Bill (that's call Bill, not kill Bill) for a $200 million investment to carry on, to start with. Then came iMac and iPod. Microsoft can't allow Apple to fail for appearances, and they are no real threat to Microsoft.

Linux was (or is) more of a threat to Microsoft, but now Google looms the biggest threat.

Bill and Steve could do lunch after the takeover..

Michael Dell needs to be appointed to the Microsoft board. Dell survived and grew when almost everyone else, including the great IBM threw in the towel.

For business..

Slogan: 'A Dell on every desktop. Windows and Office in every Dell..'

Could be some upgrade offers for existing MS hardware and technology for mice, keyboards, video conferencing web cams, etc. Also, if you are moving into NEW MARKETS, at a Government level at first, a package deal may work best.

Some closeness with the mob who bought IBM's PC business could also be an advantage.

This is only the game plan, and depends on everyone's agreement, but more importantly on:-

^ Steve Ballmer gets control of Google.

^ Bill Gates has no plans to retire.

^ Jim Allchin can be persuaded not to retire. (He'll be reinvigorated by Apple.)

Note: This is only a business hypothetical.

However feel free to tear it apart and digitally tar and feather me! :)

#This in no way impinges upon my right as a lone consumer to b*tch and moan about the present high price of software!

Note to Microsoft: If your effective tax rate of 32% looks like rising, why not cut software prices in advance, especially on a Vista surge.*

Better to reward consumers than hand it over to Internal Revenue. After all, IRS are going to get consumers as well!

*Although after the first Vista surge by the tech savvy, things may slow dramatically as consumers become confused by the large number of different Vista versions. Also, PC assemblers and particularly graphics card makers turn a greedy eye to increasing profits.

Rack 'em up ..

google_pizza_boxes.jpg « So called Google 'Pizza Boxes.'

Hot enough to bake! Imagine the heat coming from those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Google, the hardware in a data center can be bought at a local computer store. Google uses the same types of memory, disc drives, fans and power supplies as those in a standard desktop PC.

Each Google server comes in a standard case called a pizza box with one important

change: the plugs and ports are at the front of the box to make access faster and easier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think my local computer stores have these, but then again, I wouldn't know what to do with them anyway.

"Google has created a supercomputer ready to deliver a host of applications to anyone with a Web browser." Well, we'll see how that might work when Google actually delivers it.
The economies of the Google approach:

The cost advantages of using inexpensive, PC-based clusters over high-end

multiprocessor servers can be quite substantial, at least for a highly parallelisable

application like ours. For example, a $278,000 rack contains 176 2-GHz Xeon CPUs,

176 Gbytes of RAM, and 7 Tbytes of disk space.

In comparison, a typical x86-based server contains eight 2-GHz Xeon CPUs, 64 Gbytes of RAM, and 8 Tbytes of disk space; it costs about $758,000.

In other words, the multi-processor server is about three times more expensive but has 22 times fewer CPUs, three times less RAM, and slightly more disk space. Much of the cost difference derives from the much higher interconnect bandwidth and reliability of a high-end server, but again, Google’s highly redundant architecture does not rely on either of these attributes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus, hack a bit of Linux, and you've made a few billion dollars....

Ah, if it were only that easy!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Directions at Microsoft - or the floating dead in the water approach!

Rob Helm, an analyst with Directions on Microsoft,  said the reason Windows was so successful is that it rode the wave of two events--the invention of the PC and the arrival of the Internet. That subsequent chain of events "is not necessarily going to repeat itself in the next 30 years," he said.

"The days of the killer application are long gone," agreed Dan Kusnetzky, vice president of system software research at research firm IDC. He said that the packaged software that helped Microsoft rise to such a position of dominance is on its way to becoming obsolete, giving way to subscription models for services that customers buy to run the software they need.

So as Microsoft tries to carve out a niche for itself in a host of new markets it will need to come up with new tricks in order to surpass the success of Windows, Kusnetzky said.

"What we're going to see Microsoft attempt to do is move away from a packaged software model and sell everything as a service," he said. "Microsoft wants to make sure people pay Microsoft for any use of computers anywhere. It's a very clever, intricate strategy based upon control and ownership of low-level things like APIs (application programming interfaces), tools, communications protocols, and file formats."

Microsoft also last week mandated that enterprise customers buy its Software Assurance service along with the next version of Windows, Windows Vista--another move that proves Microsoft plans to drive a model where customers pay regularly for access to a network of software updates rather than a packaged product, Kusnetzky said.

Over my dead body!

skulpole.gif

*I guess I'll be using XP or maybe VISTA for the rest of my life!!!!!! :(

Green Apple - anyone ..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple boss Steve Jobs has slam dunked both Dell and Microsoft accusing them of copying Apple design and technology.

"Microsoft is copying us with its operating system... Dell's trying to copy us with its hardware. That's fine but we'd like to not give them a map and show them where we're going to go.  Let them follow our tail lights."

Jobs rebuffed the idea of making all Mac apps compatible with the Redmond giant's OS. "We put iTunes on Windows and kind of helped them out there. Microsoft has to earn a living too - we'll leave some software for them to write," he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if Steve gave Bill his 200 million back? iPod anyone? Not the one with the 'squashy screen' ..

And then there's our unfortunate, former darling, Yahoo ..

Yahoo’s situation is typical to many American organizations. Most large US corporations are a

hotch-potch of different systems, incompatible architectures and a Tower of Babel of data

formats.

"Yahoo Users Get Phished":

Attackers use sophisticated new methods to tap users' IDs and passwords.

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid...7,tk,spx,00.asp

And I couldn't get my SOUND and MODEM to work when I installed Linux! (Mandrake) It had nice wallpaper though.

So, what are we to do?

Tell me someone - PLEASE! a_merlin.gif

• 2 weeks later...