Office 2003 Service Pack 2! Oh Yeah

Wesmosis

@prathampl

I see...............25 mbs is quite reseanable size

so can anyone tell me what the smallest size can someone get by shrinkig (word+access+powerpoint+excel+sp2)?!

I tried the Astalavista method for OVER-shrinking the BuckyEYEs 7zip, but I failed! I got the same size

Finally i got success to update SP2.

I want to share the how to update a Slipstreamed Office 2003 SP1 to SP2.

Use the excellent guide on how to Office 2003 - Slipstreaming

We don't need the "Section 1 - Creating an Administrative Installation Point"

Go directly to "Section 2 - The Slipstreaming Process"

Copy the Slipstreamed Office 2003 files in X:\Office2003\

Unpack the Service Pack 2 in X:\Office2003\SP2

Unpack the Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail Filter update (KB904631) in X:\Office2003\Updtaes

Then run the appropriate commands

Slipstreaming Service Pack 2

msiexec /p X:\Office2003\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\PRO11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
msiexec /p X:\Office2003\SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a X:\Office2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

Slipstreaming the Junk E-Mail Filter Update (KB904631)

msiexec /p X:\Office2003\Updtaes\OUTLFLTR.msp /a X:\Office2003\PRO11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

That's it

coucou

If I take a non-admin install and slipstream SP2 into it, I get 1GB.

With an adminstrative install point it goes from about 620MB to 634MB, which is to expected (patching most files, adding a few more).

I recently got my O2K3 SP2 slipstreamed with all of the current updates. So far, it's working great.

On occasion, before I did this, when I double-clicked on an Excel file, it would take almost 30 seconds to load. This is on a 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 system, so for the most part, anything opens in about a second or two. But when it did this, it's almost as if my system completely froze during the wait. Double-clicking again would give me the "program is not responding" message, although waiting would eventually open the file. The version I was using before was not SP1. Should SP2 fix this? I hope so, but I'm not sure; noticed the same behavior when I was using Office XP, which was months ago. :unsure:

Can anyone point me to the 7zip method of shrinking? Do you have to put anything into the commands section? My search of this section of the forum only came back with the buckeyeXP method.

Just found it, sorry, I didn't look far enough down past buckeyeXP's method.

Hey guyz, when I unrar the Office2003SP2-KB887616-Client-ENU.exe (49.3 MBs):

I got those files

MAINsp2op.msp

OWC11SP2op.msp

OWC102003SP2op.msp

plus other inf files,

I'm wondering about the (op) suffix coz the slipstreaming process didn't work for me by

msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ffop.msp /a C:\Office2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
msiexec /p C:\SP2\OWC11SP2ffop.msp /a C:\Office2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

Did i download something wrong? although I remove the op from the above 3 files to look like SP1 files I failed.....any idea what's going on?

Edited by Wesmosis