Windows keep changing folder settings

AkronSire

My default register settings are set to View in Icons and Arrange Icons by -> No Auto Arrange. This works fine most of the time BUT sometimes when I enter a new folder windows will change the View to Tiles and Arrange Icons By Auto Arrange. The strange thing is that it only changes that folder and everything else is just as it used to be.

I've been looking for a solution for ages but I simply can't find one. I find it very irritating that windows changes something that I haven't told it to :(

Anyone else have this problem?

Open Explorer and configure as you like...then, go to Tools > Folder Options > View. Configure any further options you like, and then click "Apply". After that, click the "Apply To All Folders" button and then click "Yes" to the box that pops up next. That should apply your view to all folders. I usually also uncheck "Remember Each Folder's View Settings" box that is on that same tab...

I've been using the first method with "Apply To All Folders" but I haven't tried the other one, I will get right to it :)

For anyone interested in changing here it is:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"ClassicViewState"=dword:00000001

0 = Remember each folder's view settings

1 = DO NOT remember each folder's view settings