School Marks

gamehead200

They were a lot better than they were in high school, I can tell you that! I probably got A's and B's, maybe C's. I don't think I got a C on a report card till I got to high school, but I could be wrong. Then again, Canadia has a different grading scale than here in the US, right?

Canada isn't that different from the US...

I'm asking this because the first term of school, I got a 98% or A+ (based on two tests+it was progress report) in Math, then the second term it became 90% or A (based on half of year), and now its 85% or B+ (based on 3/4 of year)...I'm worried about this because I really want to get into High Math next year...

This is how it works...The marks are cummulative...So...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First Half Term: 98%

Second Half Term: 81%

-----------------------------

Average of two halfs: 90% <--Whole First Term Average

Third Half Term: 79%

Fourth Half Term: Unknown

-----------------------------------

Average of first, second, and third half terms: 85%

----------------------------------------------------------------------

There's my calculations! :rolleyes: I think I screwed up on the algebraic word problems... :) Wait, I screwed up BIG time!

Yepper. That happened to me when I was in HS and it was a lot of hard work to pull the average up. Try not to let the average fall below 90 or you will end up breaking your kneck to get into a decent College. BTW, think NAVY!

err.. gamehead.. i wouldn't exactly goto US for college.. i don't even want to goto US full stop.. no offense to ppls that leave there but theres no many things like School Masscares and stuff for meh.. i'd rather stick to meh local college :)

err.. gamehead..  i wouldn't exactly goto US for college.. i don't even want to goto US full stop.. no offense to ppls that leave there but theres no many things like School Masscares and stuff for meh.. i'd rather stick to meh local college :)

That is the stupidest God damned thing I've ever read. Congratulations.