Sound Events Aren't Working

Hello, I just made an unattended XP Pro disc last night with ~30 integrated hotfixes, WMP10, and the 266mb SP2 file from Microsoft's website. This is my 2nd attempt, as my 1st attempt did the same thing possibly at the same time (tried on two different computers). Setup from my 2nd attempt ran as smooth as a ribbon (better than my 1st attempt), and after setup was done my computer works perfectly. I went through and installed my hardware and what software packages I wanted on my system, but after I downloaded and installed Netscape 7.2 (Full), I noticed that I lost most of my sound events. Most events show the speaker to the left of them and play when you test it, but don't actually work when they're supposed to. About the only one that works is "Start Navigation". I have Plus installed, and when I choose the Aquarium theme, I still have hardly any sound events. Does anyone know if one of my ~30 hotfixes could be causing a conflict with Netscape 7.2 (or one of Netscape's components) after it's installed? My older disc, which just has SP2 integrated and nothing else, does not do this to my sound events after Netscape 7.2 has been installed, which leads me to believe it's one or more of the hotfixes, WMP10 being integrated, or both. I know this really isn't that big of a deal, but I would just like to know why it's doing it if possible and if there is a fix for it so they will work again (regedit, perhaps?). By the way, the reason why I don't get the latest version of Netscape is because I don't like its new look, so I prefer 7.2 instead. But who knows, version 8 may do the same thing. Aside from the sound events, the computer is still working very good and all other sounds do work that I have tried so far. Thanks in advance for any help!

bjp100679

Edit: Uninstalling Netscape did not help. I have also gone into regedit and clicked on hkey_current_user and erased the default value data (reg_sz) because I found that possible fix for it after searching the web. I don't know what's causing it.

Edited by bjp100679

It sounds as though Netscape is conflicting with something.

For test purposes try another unatteneded install with the 2nd CD but this time don't install netscape, just to see if the problem was there before netscape was previously installed. If the problem still occurs in Internet Explorer, then you know it's not nestcape and that it could possibly be one of the drivers.

I believe I fixed it (for now). I ran Windows setup again and started all over (with my 2nd unattended disc as you suggested), but downloaded Netscape 7.2 from a different website first onto my backup computer, then networked it over when I was ready for it. I noticed the problem before when I ran Netscape via the other method, which if you're familiar it connects to Netscape's servers and downloads everything before it installs. Well, it must have been something with that (or something else they threw in). The version I found on another website is the full exe (24 megs) and didn't include the weather.com program, which hasn't caused problems before but maybe they updated it or something. But I really believe it was the weather add-on, if I had to take a guess. Anyway, the 24 meg version that I used will eventually be burned onto a CD, since I've got my main computer 100% back together in less than a day, and all of my sound events are still there.