Identifying SP in Windows build

Yonderboy

How can I find out, what version of Service pack 1 is installed in widows build?

I mean, is there any differrence between SP1 and SP1a in regards to those files (WIN51IP.SP1 and other ) that are added into root?

Can I determine form those files if there is the newer or the older version of SP1?

If not from them, is there any other method?

Thanks.

Well, the simple but not very informative way is to check Properties in My Computer. You can also download Powertoys TweakUI and check the option to display windows build on the desktop. Someone else here may be able to recommend an app that that can pull the info for you as well.

Well, the simple but not very informative way is to check Properties in My Computer.  You can also download Powertoys TweakUI and check the option to display windows build on the desktop.  Someone else here may be able to recommend an app that that can pull the info for you as well.

Yeeaah I know, but those apps have some means to identify it too. Iam looking for an answer HOW they do it, (not for the app itself), from exactly what file or atribute of the build (cd media), or where is this information stored.

put this code in a vbs file and run it......

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _

& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colOSes = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

For Each objOS in colOSes

Wscript.Echo "Computer Name: " & objOS.CSName

Wscript.Echo "Caption: " & objOS.Caption 'Name

Wscript.Echo "Version: " & objOS.Version 'Version & build

Wscript.Echo "Build Number: " & objOS.BuildNumber 'Build

Wscript.Echo "Build Type: " & objOS.BuildType

Wscript.Echo "OS Type: " & objOS.OSType

Wscript.Echo "Other Type Description: " & objOS.OtherTypeDescription

WScript.Echo "Service Pack: " & objOS.ServicePackMajorVersion & "." & _

objOS.ServicePackMinorVersion

Next

Edited by net_user

Now that I reread my post, I see that I was not specific enough.

I am talking about the installation media, the original CD, or the copy of those files in some directory on HDD. Not the actual installiation.

I want to know, a method to find out, what version of SP1 has the media slipstreamed/integrated.

(On second thought , i mentioned those WIN51IP.SP1 files in the root, and those are definitelly not in actual installation :D )

Edited by Yonderboy

Well i have noticed that if you copy all the files to a folder and then run Nlite and select that folder as the

source for files to slipstream or modify that it will tell you exactly what sp & build it is

hope this helps :hello:

Well i have noticed that if you copy all the files to a folder and then run Nlite and select that folder as the

source for files to slipstream or modify that it will tell you exactly what sp & build it is

hope this helps :hello:

No, because I do not look for an application that can do it, I look for a method, how that application does it.

Why don't you read the whole thread before posting? :wacko:

However, Takeshi's hint may be helpful. Thanks goes to him. :yes:

Edited by Yonderboy