Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Standalone Outlook 6

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fdv

fdv

MSFN Expert

• Developer
  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined 16-July 04
Sometimes I get folks asking for this.
Here is a .torrent
It's free from MS anyway, but this is updated with patched files current as of this post.
I will probably decide that I don't want to sacrifice the bandwidth later, that's why I am seeding this .torrent right now. I'd like it to propagate a little bit, then I'm going to take it down. Ideally, someone can find a home for it and seed it themselves. As for right now, though, grab it even if you don't need it but think you might later.

BTW if it doesn't work for you, I don't wanna know about it -- I'm not going to offer support on this. it works for me and Oleg_II, if it doesn't work for you, I'm going to say "Use Thunderbird instead!" :thumbup

Edited by fdv, 06 October 2005 - 11:17 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,685 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05

Donator

I use FDV's "No IE" HFSLIP method and Thunderbird works great for me. No issues at all.

Edited by TAiN, 07 October 2005 - 11:19 AM.

Oleg_II

Oleg_II

• PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 06-August 04
I have to add that if you need OE installing with fdv's set of files, you have to run winhtml.inf from installation disk before first OE start. If you don't there will be some errors and OE won't work at all.

winhtml.inf also gives you back the ability to open most .CHM files.

Just a note: if you only need OE, you can comment all references to jscript.dll and shdoclc.dll in winhtml.inf before burning your disk - these files are not needed for OE and .CHM and are dangerous (as fdv says ;)
Posted Image

pene

pene

Junior

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 05-July 05
@fdv:

Can you please seed it again for a second? :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users