HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

hi! btw, are these late additions supported already?

Update for Windows XP (KB929338)

Update for Windows XP (KB928470)

Update for Windows XP (KB927891)

i see from the stickied topics that TC's lists are no longer present ... well, i guess, we'll just have to use the_guy's list(s) + TC's dynamic list(s) for reference ... thanks!

Yes they are supported, KB928470 is only for WinXP Home edition

thanks S3pHiroTh! this confused me for KB928470:

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Service Pack 2

& i didn't read this thoroughly:
Overview

This update fixes false error messages that occur when the latency of Internet connections causes problems while adding time. Additionally, the update removes false error messages that ask users to re-install Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition for Prepaid Computers or Windows XP Home Edition for Subscription Computers. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

... did what i usually do via Advanced Search

post-84520-1173185971_thumb.jpg ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Well... From the INF file of KB928470:

This Hotfix can be installed only on Windows PrePaid or Subscription SKU.

And it checks for the existence of

HKLM, "SYSTEM\WPA\PreOrSub", Installed, 0x00010001,"==",1

or

HKLM, "SYSTEM\WPA\PreOrSub", Installed, 0x00010001,"==",2

hi! using 1.4.1 (which actually shows as 70306 in HFSLIP.log) seemed flawless ... however, no wmp11 (i used boooggy's addon) & ie7 was installed ... to add to this, most addons were not installed too ... in earlier runs (using test rels), these problems were not present ... attached are some files that might help resolve the issue ... thanks!

If what you say is true, then how come in th add/remove screen, there is a HF program installed? So HFSLIP does not resort to any hacking method to integrate/slipstream the hotfixes?
If you are referring to the HFSLIP entry... You could consider it a confirmation that HFSLIP was used to update your CD. If you used a recent version of HFSLIP, you can easily remove it by clicking the Change/Remove button.
Also is modifyPE.exe mandatory now? With previous versions, I didn't have to add that program, but now I do or I'll get an error.
ModifyPE.exe is mandatory in some situations:

- when integrating IE7 (not slipstreaming) [this is actually not the case for Windows XP in the current final; I should rectify that]

- when slipstreaming Office Update engine (OPUC4.CAB)

- when one or more of these HFEXPERT folders are used: CODECS, APPREPLACEMENT and WIN

Thanks to you and Kiki for the reply. Is it possible that you can add this as a feature into the next version to stop that entry from being added into the add/remove program?

Tom, I know you said that it won't be practical for you to add SATA/RAID driver support, but is there any possibility that you can reconsider? Like add support for only the most popular models or at least the Intel SATA driver?

Thanks to you and Kiki for the reply. Is it possible that you can add this as a feature into the next version to stop that entry from being added into the add/remove program?

Simply create a reg file and add this into it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HFSLIPTotalSlipstream]

Run this reg file at T-13, at first boot or after, it's the same.

hi TC! both addons actually worked in previous test rels ... have used the pdf reader already ... prior to this run, both actually were installed with no problem ... could there be other culprits?
I don't see any other just by looking at your files. The only thing I can suggest at this point is that you do a test run without addons, and only the hotfixes that are on my dynamic list.
Is it possible that you can add this as a feature into the next version to stop that entry from being added into the add/remove program?
The entry in Add/Remove Programs is one way to verify if things went OK. Not creating that entry removes that check.

Simply create a reg file and add this into it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HFSLIPTotalSlipstream]

Run this reg file at T-13, at first boot or after, it's the same.

Do I put that file in HFGUIRUNONCE?

HFGUIRUNONCE or HFSVCPACK. Doesn't matter...

I placed my registry tweak file in HFGUIRUNONCE and the settings doesn't appear to have applied. Maybe it's the way the entries are entered cause even if I include it with my main registry tweak file in HFSVCPACK, it still doesn't apply.

Hey, question here. I've used HFSLIP to make my 2KPro source put together and it seems to have done so quite nicely.

I have set it up for multiboot, and in fact it seems to be going swimmingly, but I set a number of apps into the HFSVCPACK folder, and I want to find out if I can locate those files in another directory and have both this source and another source install those apps without having two copies. This is the same sort of thing I intend to be doing later with BTS Driverpacks, but I've figured that out already I think... :) How can I do this with the files of HFSVCPACK?